experiments in noise (Nord G2)

Unfed

• Members

the lengthy noise/music debate has inspired me to post some new tracks. each is a spontaneous live take, done on just the Nord G2. each 'scene' is derived from a 'Performance' (multi-patch setup) on the G2, of which i put together a handful of earlier this year. (basically, each Performance contains three separate 'machines' in the first three slots, which are built from any number of modules. the output from each of these are run into a mix/fx stage in the fourth slot, which also contains a fourth 'drone machine'.) haven't done much with them since, but ran across a couple recordings that i did months ago and recorded a few quick takes of some other Performances as well:

jbuonacc - Tracks - SoundCloud

is it music or just noise? whichever it is, i find this sort of thing to be far more stimulating than any sort of 'traditional' work that i've done in the past. it just seems to be much more of an 'extension of self' than anything with more of a set structure. i also find this stuff to be very entertaining to listen to, if not almost terrifying at some points.

but yeah, all Nord G2 recorded in one take (which is great, but at the same time, there's always things that i'm not happy with but can't usually say that it makes the rest of the take worthless). any comments on style, sound, content, recording (i'm generally aware of the faults here for the most part), or otherwise might prove interesting. enjoy!

EDIT: added some info to go into a bit more detail.

Archived