Anyone have any recordings of the Hughes & Kettner Warp X? or know anything about it?

malus

• Members

Hi, was just wondering if anyone had any sound clips/recordings of the Hughes & Kettner Warp X amp, or if anyone knew much about it/had experience with it in the past? Im considering buying this amp and was wondering if anyone had any oppinions? As far as i know hughes & kettner make good amps but i dont know any artists that use them, and i cant work out why because they seem like good amps.

At the moment its kind of a toss up between a Hughes & Kettner Warp X or a Randall V2, I just need a thick, warm, modern metal tone basically and i dont have the money for a mesa!

• Members

Originally posted by mrtokai

What kind of bands do you like the sound of? Do you like high gain stuff? You should definately not buy a Warp amp no matter what the answers to those questions are!

basically a modern but thick and warm sounding brutal but pleasant and dark tone. Its hard to explain what im after, i guess a tone which could be used for brutal music but also be used for a commercial sounding band also. but it has to be a "modern" metal sound and thick and warm. Something Dark and Saturated. and yes high gain! I used to have a peavey 5150 II, that had enough gain but was too "old school" sounding. I guess an amp which could do Linkin Park/Creed kind of tones, but also be used for death metal and metal core.

• Members

I liked the Warp X I've played a few times at a music store. I didn't get really loud or anything, but it sounded pretty cool to me. It's thick and compressed, I will say that. Just how much is too much is the question, though. It doesn't sound like a 5150.

• Members

Originally posted by BrendanO

Guys from Chattanooga that are about as generic as metal comes, but the guitarist uses a Warp X half stack. Pretty sure it's what he recorded the tunes with. Not certain beyond all doubt, but about 95% sure.

Just checked the band out, in the pictures hes using the old solid state warp 7 half stack, the one im looking at was the all valve one, thanks anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by malus

Just checked the band out, in the pictures hes using the old solid state warp 7 half stack, the one im looking at was the all valve one, thanks anyway.

{censored}, sorry. And here I thought I was being helpful. Eh.

Archived