Backing Track.....Wow Wee

carlygtr56

• Members

As if creating a backing track is a big deal.....as some here would have you believe........

Here's a meandering jam on one chord journey for 8 minutes....first take with a Strat/wah/ Mesa MK-III from '87.

Notice the dynamics. It's not balls out every second.....building to a funk jam. That amp sounded great, IMO Crank if you can......

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=343910&songID=3919089

• Members
Originally posted by carlygtr56

As if creating a backing track is a big deal.....as some here would have you believe........

Here's a meandering jam on one chord journey for 8 minutes....first take with a Strat/wah/ Mesa MK-III from '87.

Notice the dynamics. It's not balls out every second.....building to a funk jam. That amp sounded great, IMO Crank if you can......

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=343910&songID=3919089

Nice, thanks :thu:

• Members

Sort of:D I did like that tone though. I never played thru another Mesa that got that sound again. Wonder what stripe it was?

Well you got the Trower sound and melodic thing going in the beginning, but there were some of the same licks Marino uses (that he stole from Hendrix) going on in the lead work. Were you playing a Strat?

• Members

Originally posted by SuperStrat

Your clip sounds good! Are you going to post the backing?

Dude, I wish I had them. I'd love to use my current gear and my current way of playing over all my old tracks. I got 5 cassettes worth, but I never saved the backing tracks.

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

Well you got the Trower sound and melodic thing going in the beginning, but there were some of the same licks Marino uses (that he stole from Hendrix) going on in the lead work. Were you playing a Strat?

That's a Strat. Probably an American Standard....possibly had HS-3's in it when I made the track.

Track sounds like a movie soundtrack or something......some kind of backround music.

• Members

I don't think anyone here ever implied that making a one chord backing track was a big deal.

• Members

I still dont understand a guy with your chops, top dollar gear, playing like a madman, still using cassettes. Spend 99 bucks Carl and get a guitarport or something. Would be nice to hear some better quality(soundwise) of you playing, seriously.

• Members

Originally posted by tweed

I still dont understand a guy with your chops, top dollar gear, playing like a madman, still using cassettes. Spend 99 bucks Carl and get a guitarport or something. Would be nice to hear some better quality(soundwise) of you playing, seriously.

LOL, I just got a new laptop, so I was looking at simple PC recording stuff, but then the PC has to be near my amps. i wont use fake guitar sounds.....so I'll likely get one of those digital multi-track units.

I wanna be able to download a backing track and play over it.

• Members

LOL, I just got a new laptop, so I was looking at simple PC recording stuff, but then the PC has to be near my amps. i wont use fake guitar sounds.....so I'll likely get one of those digital multi-track units.

Thats great news man. Good luck with the setup and drop me a line when you have it up and rolling. Looking forward to hearing it.

Get a webcam while your at it. You could post a video lesson everyonce in a while. I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from ya. :D

• Members

Here ya go, very good converters and the pres are very good as well.

Next question to get your rig together?? :D

http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?category=505&subcategory=491&product=13554

• Members
Originally posted by tweed

Thats great news man. Good luck with the setup and drop me a line when you have it up and rolling. Looking forward to hearing it.

Get a webcam while your at it. You could post a video lesson everyonce in a while. I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from ya.
:D

I thought about video as well.

webcam...? or a video cam?

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

BTW...there is also a M version of the same device that has the Pro Tools a/d converters if you must have better but it is around $100 more.

I saved the link.

While I like playing over tracks and creating stuff, I really don't like the part of learning {censored} about recording at all.....and the whole mechanical aspect of it.

I burnt out in the 80's after making 5 cassettes worth of stuff.

• Members

I saved the link.

While I like playing over tracks and creating stuff, I really don't like the part of learning {censored} about recording at all.....and the whole mechanical aspect of it.

I burnt out in the 80's after making 5 cassettes worth of stuff.

Well, not sure you want to hear this Carl but myself, Ralph, and Steve have the pc version so we have some experience.

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Well, not sure you want to hear this Carl but myself, Ralph, and Steve have the pc version so we have some experience.

Probably would go for a digital multitrack unit....I don't want to get involved with PC recording:)

Archived