Soloway Swan -- Stolen. Please read.

rememberduane

• Members

IMG_0532.jpg

Monday night, my Soloway Swan was stolen out of my car.

I waited until today to report it stolen because I had it at my friend Matt's house prior to leaving it in the car that night (was leaving the next morning for a jam session), and I was hoping somehow I had left it at his house. After extensive searching at both of our homes, and the knowledge that someone was in my father's car (same house, he found stuff from his glove compartment strewn on the passenger seat) Monday night as well, we have concluded someone took the guitar.

This guitar is a one-of-a-kind Swan, so you will know it if you see it. It is serial #D053. Jim says it's the only Swan he ever made with a mahogany back.

If you see it, please contact me immediately.

• Members

Originally posted by tweed

Oh man, sorry to hear that.

this thread should be stickied in all forums dammit!

Thanks man. I really hope it turns up. The police are coming by in a minute to write up an official report, and I am going to send descriptions to the pawn shops and bring one into guitar center tomorrow. The manager there said he'd send it out to all the GCs, so if it turns up there, they will let me know.

• Members

Leaving a guitar or amp in a car is just like leaving a lot of cash on the car seat. Never no matter where you live, leave equipment for any reason in a car let alone overnight.
And now you know. I truly hope you get her back. Good Luck.

• Members

Originally posted by rememberduane

Pics of me with the police officer? Oh well, I understand why you're flaming me. Feel free.

You are a known liar and a thief. I was fooled once by you... I even stood up for you in your hour of need, I'm not stupid enough to be fooled twice. Newcomers will not be duped into feeling sorry for you if I have anything to say about it.

• Members

Originally posted by SuperStrat

You are a known liar and a thief. I was fooled once by you... I even stood up for you in your hour of need, I'm not stupid enough to be fooled twice. Newcomers will not be duped into feeling sorry for you if I have anything to say about it.

Being a thief requires theft. Feel free to tell everyone about me being a liar, an idiot, and an irresponsible asshole, but don't make things up.

Case #06-17030, Volusia County Sheriff's Office. Deputy Becker, report filed 5/18/06.

• Members

Originally posted by rememberduane

Being a thief requires theft. Feel free to tell everyone about me being a liar, an idiot, and an irresponsible asshole, but don't make things up.

Case #06-17030, Volusia County Sheriff's Office. Deputy Becker, report filed 5/18/06.

The good thing is it is a one of a kind. and easily recognisable. Now you need to find every pawnshop/music store with in 25 miles and plaster pic's of you stolen guitar. Dont leave it to the Police. They will not canvass the area as well.

• Members

Originally posted by tweed

Ok, what am I missing here?

I'm Chris Grainger and I used to be a douche who sold stuff on the internet and then shipped it on my own sweet time, taking the smallest hinderance as an excuse to not ship that day, and the days piled up. Contrary to popular belief, however, everyone who bought something from me received their item.

Archived