GMW guitar necks width question.

bobbtoz

• Members

Originally posted by ProjectX

That is sweet! I think I'm going to build either a single or dual humbucker version soon.Gotta make up my mind.Gonna go with a hardtail brass bridge too.

Now your talking! Hardtail brass bridge. You don't see many GMW's w/ this type of set up, but I would love to have a alder body, one bridge pick up (SD Custom 5), maple top, flame maple neck (1-11/16) and a brass hardtail bridge.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks dude,here is a better pic:

Charvel.jpg

By the way,this one is 2 1/4" at the neck joint instead of the standard Fender 2 3/16".Wide on both ends and I love it.

Dude, that is an incredible looking guitar, if she plays HALF as good as she looks you are styling:thu: :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by bobbtoz

Now your talking! Hardtail brass bridge. You don't see many GMW's w/ this type of set up, but I would love to have a alder body, one bridge pick up (SD Custom 5), maple top, flame maple neck (1-11/16) and a brass hardtail bridge.

Whaddayamean ????

Albeit chrome plated brass.....pair o' GMW hardtails :thu:

GMWHardtailPair.jpg

Steve E

• Members
Originally posted by zepman

Dude, that is an incredible looking guitar, if she plays HALF as good as she looks you are styling:thu:
:wave:

Dude,this guitar kicks ass,takes down the names and then goes after your family.That'll describe how she sounds.The plain top though is just as ferocious if not more.

• Members

How about some pics of the remaining GMW's...

Here are pics of the three I have left. This blue burst one has a 1 11/16 nut width.

Picture002.jpg

This maple bodied one has a 1 5/8. This thing sounds incredible!

776bd4e9.jpg

I also have the bomber graphics one posted earler. It also has a 1 5/8 nut width.

croppedcamofront.jpg

That's it.

-Mark

• Members

Did somebody say brass hardtail?

Picture219.jpg
b27dbf91.jpg
6b36ffae.jpg
Picture221.jpg

-Mark

• Members
Originally posted by Markus RN

776bd4e9.jpg

That's it.

-Mark

I thought you got rid of this one. Let me know if you want to unload that one. Thats a solid maple body, right? Does it sound too bright compared to the other GMW's?

• Members

Did somebody say brass hardtail?

Picture221.jpg

-Mark

You had Dorothy? I wish I had the coin when this guitar was up for sale. It called to me. Seriously missed out on that guitar, just wish it had a maple fretboard.

• Members

Here are pics of the three I have left. This blue burst one has a 1 11/16 nut width.

Picture002.jpg

776bd4e9.jpg

I also have the bomber graphics one posted earler. It also has a 1 5/8 nut width.

croppedcamofront.jpg

That's it.

-Mark

Did you decide to keep the bomber graphic?

If you ever decide to sell the blue one or the bomber graphic, just call me!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by daver102

Yeah, I've owned this one twice!!!!
:freak:

If you ever decide to unload it let me know.

After looking at all these guitars I'm actually dizzy. I'm extrememly particular about what I like and I can honestly say most of the GMW's posted here I want!

• Members

Thanks man! I just recently finished that one and is my main player right now.I added the D-Tuna on it as well the other day.As far as for thumb playing ,I have no problem with it.Hell 1 3/4" is only 1/16" more than your standard modern Fender.

I have a Musikraft neck on order. How's the quality. Were the frets leveled nicely?

• Members

Originally posted by TWPietz37

Steve, make sure you let me know if you ever plan on selling the white one!

Tyler

Heh...that one is the best of all the GMW's I've owned. Highly unlikely it will ever go anywhere. It's actually routed for a single in the neck and is rear loaded.

The silver one is going back to Lee for a candy lime green over coat...I knew it wouldn't remain silver for long - silver was / is a good base for lots of other colors.

Steve E

Archived