Do Enhancement Processors really work?

rcervera

• Members

I have noticed some guitar tones get dull, lose presence and are boring after a while and Im now investigating this Enhancers, which supposely "improve intelligibility, bass punch, presence and transparency and reduces listening fatigue"

If so which ones?

• Members

Most will make a {censored}ty amp sound good, and a good amp sound {censored}ty...
That's been my experience.
The only "enhancers" that work well are the TC Electronic Spacial Expander, and the Rocktron Pro Q....
Steve

• Members

I'm gonna disaggree here, my Aphex Aural Xciter I got recently has made a big improvement in my rig's sound.(especially low end response and definately in improving clarity) Not that my sound was bad or even marginal to begin with, I was happy with it, but now it's amazing. :eek: The other nice thing about it too is that it has a great D.I. out too, I no longer have to mic my halfstack. :):cool:

• Members
Originally posted by M-III

I'm gonna disaggree here, my Aphex Aural Xciter I got recently has made a big improvement in my rig's sound.(especially low end response and definately in improving clarity) Not that my sound was bad or even marginal to begin with, I was happy with it, but now it's amazing.
:eek:
The other nice thing about it too is that it has a great D.I. out too, I no longer have to mic my halfstack.
:):cool:

But what are you using...??????
Steve

• Members

Errr, don't look too hard now, it's not that hard to figure out dewd.
;):cool:
Here's a hint... *cough*sig*cough*

well, they did say make a GOOD amp sound {censored}ty...
so yeah of course it works for you :p

• Members
Originally posted by No Soul

well, they did say make a GOOD amp sound {censored}ty...

so yeah of course it works for you
:p

You know, you are welcome to your opinion here but as far as I concerned, but you can feel free to shove your opinion right up your ass, sir. There are plenty of Triple XXX owners past and present who were happy with the amp and felt as I do that it is far from a {censored}ty sounding amp, that's a FACT.

So in short, I'm not here to debate semantics of what you folks feel is or isn't a {censored}ty amp, we're in this thread to discuss enhancement processors, feel free to start your own thread about your own opinions elsewhere.

• Members

You know, you are welcome to your opinion here but as far as I concerned, but you can feel free to shove your opinion right up your ass, sir. There are plenty of Triple XXX owners past and present who were happy with the amp and felt as I do that it is far from a {censored}ty sounding amp, that's a FACT.

slow down there little lady it was a joke.

and just because a group of people get behind something that doesent make it FACTUALY good.

Go to your local community college and look for some entry level corses on LOGIC.

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

slow down there little lady it was a joke.

and just because a group of people get behind something that doesent make it FACTUALY good.

Go to your local community college and look for some entry level corses on LOGIC.

Again, I'm going to try to explain this for you like a 6 year-old. I don't care for jackasses on this forum like you with your sarcastic comments when I am trying to learn about the said topic here. If it's too much to ask, stick to the topic and leave your asshole comments to yourself, thanks. Like I said if you want to ridicule the amp, go make your own thread about it and stay out of this one.

FWIW, In my book if enough knowledgeable people say "it's a fact" with lots of experience with it behind it yea, it's what I consider a FACT to me and the same goes for many others I'm sure. Also, I don't need logic to understand that much less community college education,(as I already have an associates degree for my line of work thanks) it's pretty elementary there Watson.

Yea, I may be a bit of an asshole about that post, but make a jackass response, expect a jackass rebuttal... This is a the prime reason why I usually only lurk these forums, thanks for once again enforcing my low viewpoint of these forums and some of it's inhabitants. Goodday and good riddance.

• Members

FWIW, In my book if enough knowledgeable people say "it's a fact" with lots of experience with it behind it yea, it's what I consider a FACT to me and the same goes for many others I'm sure.

what book was that?

Mein Kampf?

• Members

I've got a BBE DI100X maximizer and thought it was great at first because it certainly tightens things up and add some sparkle, but after using it for a while I started to feel that it actually sounded quite fake and processed, and took it out of my rig. I've kept it because I think there may be a time when I'd like to experiement with it again, but for now I prefer my tone without it.

Archived