Uberschall rhythm clip

Shiny_Surface

• Members

Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

This particular Uberschall is a Revision Blue model.

I have a version 2, I haven't played a blue revision yet. Have you played any of the earlier versions? If so, how do they compare? Is it a big difference?

• Members

Originally posted by J2

I have a version 2, I haven't played a blue revision yet. Have you played any of the earlier versions? If so, how do they compare? Is it a big difference?

I had both a Revision 2 and a Blue at one point in time, the Blue is a little brighter.

There are some pot values on both the clean and dirty channels that are different between the revisions, you can get them to sound very similar to each other, but not exactly.

• Members
Originally posted by Bob Savage

Is that boosted? It has a top end edge I'm not used to hearing with the Uber.

Sounds good though.

Thanks Bob!

There is no boost for this clip, or post EQing.

Just a SM57 on a V30 in my Roadking 2x12 cab.

The Revision Blue's are a little brighter and that's what you might be hearing :).

• Members

I had both a Revision 2 and a Blue at one point in time, the Blue is a little brighter.

There are some pot values on both the clean and dirty channels that are different between the revisions, you can get them to sound very similar to each other, but not exactly.

When I called Bogner they told me that they thought that any added brightness on the blue revision is due exclusively to the new custom pots. Sound plausible?

• Members
Originally posted by J2

When I called Bogner they told me that they thought that any added brightness on the blue revision is due exclusively to the new custom pots. Sound plausible?

I thought it was a bright cap adjustment, but I'm no tech so take that with a grain of salt :).

• Members

Thanks Bob!

There is no boost for this clip, or post EQing.

Just a SM57 on a V30 in my Roadking 2x12 cab.

The Revision Blue's are a little brighter and that's what you might be hearing
:)

That must be it. I like that extra top end edge.

Archived