Clip - plexi miked into Line6 Toneport

ratter

• Members

Sweet. I dig that tone and playing man. I got Digital Jams Crispy Creme Treble Booster. If you want to give it a try let me know.

I gotta ask... So do you regret selling the Budda essentially inplace of the Plexi? I can't decide which one of those tones from you I like best. I think the Plexi but not completely sure.

• Members

Thanks guys. Preamp model was the vintage UK, I believe. Set flat with a little drive dialed in. And "Brite Room" reverb, I think. I didn't save the settings...

Originally posted by yngzaklynch

Sweet. I dig that tone and playing man. I got Digital Jams Crispy Creme Treble Booster. If you want to give it a try let me know.

I gotta ask... So do you regret selling the Budda essentially inplace of the Plexi? I can't decide which one of those tones from you I like best. I think the Plexi but not completely sure.

Hey bud...regret? Nah. But I do miss the Budda for gainier sounds and for lower-volume use. As soon as we crawl out of debt a bit, I'll get another one. If a money crunch hit and I had to sell the Marshall, I would get a Budda and keep the rest of the cash and wouldn't mind one bit. But I don't see me ever being able to afford this plexi again, so I'm going to try to hold onto it and just scrape some pennies together later to replace the Budda.

• Members

LOVE that tone!! that's totally the sound I strive for with my gear.

Just a kick-ass classic rock tone with that awesome midrange growl!

Are you saying your signal path was guitar >echoplex>Marshall Plexi>SM 57>Toneport and then into your computer?

• Members

Originally posted by dcooper830

LOVE that tone!! that's totally the sound I strive for with my gear.

Just a kick-ass classic rock tone with that awesome midrange growl!

Are you saying your signal path was guitar >echoplex>Marshall Plexi>SM 57>Toneport and then into your computer?

That is correct sir! I meant to do two SM57's with two different preamp models on the Toneport for comparison purposes, but I only had like ten minutes to play...

Thanks guys. I'm digging it. Going to spam my MOTU 828 here in a little bit. The Toneport is a lot more useful for me.

• Members

Originally posted by RustyMctavish

Very nice, sounds really good to me.

I need to head to a store and try one of these 1959HWs out!

Thanks for sharing!

If you do, bear in mind two things - stock, they have a heinous bright cap on the high treble channel, that I have clipped completely out. Also, mine (and several others I've read about), have had the bias cranked full up from the factory! Not knowing this, I ended up cooking the stock power tubes and blowing a fuse - had to retube and rebias. In other words, if you're trying one out in a store, it's probably not set up optimally...

• Members

Originally posted by ratter

If you do, bear in mind two things - stock, they have a heinous bright cap on the high treble channel, that I have clipped completely out. Also, mine (and several others I've read about), have had the bias cranked full up from the factory! Not knowing this, I ended up cooking the stock power tubes and blowing a fuse - had to retube and rebias. In other words, if you're trying one out in a store, it's probably not set up optimally...

Fully understood, thanks for the heads-up!

Archived