Guitars... through bass amps....

Big_Mac_AUS

• Members
Originally posted by Big_Mac_AUS

Ok here goes, I know diddly squat about amps and have heard many reports of bands using guitars through bass amps.. What would happen if a guitar head was played through a bass cab or vice versa? Any info from people who have tried this or just a guitar into a regular cab would be much appreciated!

Have you ever heard of the band Kyuss?... Josh Homme(from Queens of the Stone Age) used guitar heads through bass cabs. ..There's a few people on these boards that use a bass head for guitar. It all depends on what your lookin for or how picky you are about your sound. Try it and see if you like it. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by azure and drkz

Have you ever heard of the band Kyuss?... Josh Homme(from Queens of the Stone Age) used guitar heads through bass cabs. ..There's a few people on these boards that use a bass head for guitar. It all depends on what your lookin for or how picky you are about your sound. Try it and see if you like it.
:thu:

Yes I have heard of them and no thanks :thu:

• Members

Have you ever heard of the band Kyuss?... Josh Homme(from Queens of the Stone Age) used guitar heads through bass cabs. ..There's a few people on these boards that use a bass head for guitar. It all depends on what your lookin for or how picky you are about your sound. Try it and see if you like it.

Actually Kyuss was in mind when i started this thread, that is the sound i was really aiming for, do you know what head and cabs Homme used?

Sorry Tonemeister, a small amount of on-topic discussion may follow, but on with the hsithouse weather reports too!!

• Members
Originally posted by Big_Mac_AUS

Actually Kyuss was in mind when i started this thread, that is the sound i was really aiming for, do you know what head and cabs Homme used?

Sorry Tonemeister, a small amount of on-topic discussion may follow, but on with the hsithouse weather reports too!!

Not sure of the exact models but; Early on when they had the original drummer it was Marshall heads through Ampeg bass cabs. From Sky Valley and beyond it was Tube Works heads and Ampeg cabs. Check out stonerrock.com and scottreeder.com for pics. :thu:

• Members

Not sure of the exact models but; Early on when they had the original drummer it was Marshall heads through Ampeg bass cabs. From Sky Valley and beyond it was Tube Works heads and Ampeg cabs. Check out stonerrock.com and scottreeder.com for pics.

Dude you rule man, do you have some links to these pictures??

• Members

No....Just check out the stonerrock.com site. They also have a couple interviews archived with them talkin about their equipment...... Happy hunting mate.
:D

Alright i'll let you off, you have taken me this far :thu:

Archived