Some Tommy Bolin James and The Gang era vids

JohnRageOn

• Members

a great player to be sure. he was another one of those guys that unfortunately met an early demise.:cry: i don't have any of his james gang stuff.. but i do have both of his solo releases. he was one of those players who could play a blizzard of notes if he wanted to.. but was more concerned about what was right for the song.

• Members
Originally posted by 1big1

a great player to be sure. he was another one of those guys that unfortunately met an early demise.
:cry:
i don't have any of his james gang stuff.. but i do have both of his solo releases. he was one of those players who could play a blizzard of notes if he wanted to.. but was more concerned about what was right for the song.

Correct, we all remember what he did in Billy Cobham's Spectrum

• Members

Walsh is definitely a clever guitarist and writer,the master of tasteful minimalisim.Bolin was such an incredible player/performer,he is sorely missed.Check out his second and sadly,last album with the James Gang"Miami".The gang,which by then featured lead singer Roy Kenner,never really recovered from Bolin's departure,nonetheless it turned out to be a real springboard for Bolins solo career.Also well worth checking out is Tommy's high powered Debut w/Deep Purple,"Come Taste The Band".

• Members
Originally posted by Purplexi

Walsh is definitely a clever guitarist and writer,the master of tasteful minimalisim.Bolin was such an incredible player/performer,he is sorely missed.Check out his second and sadly,last album with the James Gang"Miami".The gang,which by then featured lead singer Roy Kenner,never really recovered from Bolin's departure,nonetheless it turned out to be a real springboard for Bolins solo career.Also well worth checking out is Tommy's high powered Debut w/Deep Purple,"Come Taste The Band".

Have 'em!!!
:thu: :thu: :thu:

Archived