OT: The Horror movie thread

poisonherwell

• Members
Originally posted by diocide

Hey, any of you guts know any other horror/suspense movies that center around a Mental Hospital, like Session 9? I love mental institutions, and any movie with them in it.

yes but i am not telling:p

• Members
Originally posted by Big_Mac_AUS

The Japanese version? hahahahha i didn't last the subtitles
:(

Haha! I took Japanese for 3 years in high school, and I just like Japanese culture in general. I just thought the Japanese version was done better, but I liked both.

• Members

Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead (original)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Gore Gore Girls
Maniac

Those are a good start and many have mentioned most of these already...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Haha! I took Japanese for 3 years in high school, and I just like Japanese culture in general. I just thought the Japanese version was done better, but I liked both.

The Japanese trilogy kicks all kinds of US remake ass!

• Members

Originally posted by sah5150

Night of the Living Dead

Dawn of the Dead (original)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

Nightmare on Elm Street

The Gore Gore Girls

Maniac

Those are a good start and many have mentioned most of these already...

Steve

Maniac:thu: That was a good movie. Joe Spinell did a fantastic job with the main character "Frank Zito". What a performance.

• Members

Originally posted by Burningleaves

Maniac:thu: That was a good movie. Joe Spinell did a fantastic job with the main character "Frank Zito". What a performance.

Yeah, the guy is great in that role. I believe he wrote the script and story as well as producing that flick. Plus a great Savini scalping scene...

Spinell has had quite a career. He was in the Godfather flicks, couple of the Rocky flicks, Taxi Driver... cool...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by Burningleaves

"Henry Portrait of a serial killer" was a pretty brutal movie for its time.

How could I forget this one. Awesome and frightening - almost like watching a documentary...

Steve

• Members

"The Exocist 3" is actually really good. It has George C. Scott in it and some really creepy stuff. Check it out(especially the hallway in the hospital scene!!!). Brad Dourif is chilling in it too. Must see for any horror fan(even though it's a sequel!)

• Members
the_car_07.jpg

thecardusty.jpg' alt='>'>

OK this movie had some cheese but also some very chilling moments too. I saw it when I was very young, plus I almost got run over by a big black Lincoln at a young age as well. Thats why TheCar scares me:eek:

• Members

The Blair Witch Project and The Ring (American version) are the only two movies I've ever seen that genuinely frightened me. As far as fun/gory horror, I would go with The Thing (John Carpenter's version). Also, I have to mention Silent Hill (the original game). It was easily one of the 2 or 3 most frightening entertainment experiences of my life; supremely atmospheric and unsettling.

Archived