NBA FINALS TONIGHT! Let the debate begin..

Justin Thyme

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It'll be interesting alright... I think Shaq said something to the effect of "In 4 or 5 years big men are going to be judged on whether they can play like Dirk or not... He's the future of the big man". Two good teams, good coaches, lots of great players- it should be a great series! :thu: (and thankfully its not Spurs Pistons again...)

• Members

Miami in 6. But i want Dallas to win, i just don't think they can stop Wade at all. He will score 35 a night and Shaq will be good for 20-25. Plus Miami plays much better D than Phoenix. Actually, Phoenix doesn't play D at all.

The one hope that i have for Dallas is that they beat the Spurs in San Antonio, that was huge. SO if they can close out the Spurs they have the ability to beat Miami. BUT, Miami is the one team that has 2 Superstars. Shaq and Duncan are a toss up IMHO, and please don't compare Ginobelli to Wade! Wade is a much better player.

And Dallas is excellant shooting foul shots. I would send Shaq to line every chance i have while keeping an eye on everyone's fouls. Dallas is way better at the line. And Dirk HAS to score 30 a night if they want to win. His points have to nuetralize Wades points. Then they have Terry who can score 20 a night. After that, i feel Dallas is the deeper team. {censored}, maybe Dallas in 7.

• Members
Originally posted by V-Type

Yeah they made a huge mistake keeping the one man $100 million dollar show that is Kolby over Shaq. Sure Bryant has skills but is a terrible team player. Not to many players have high regards for him. LA would be much better off with Team oriented players rather than selfish ones.

They could at least have gotten a fair trade for Shaq :freak:. I was quite pissed when I saw what they got for him. Lakers has pretty much always been based around the center, they

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Miami in 6. But i want Dallas to win, i just don't think they can stop Wade at all. He will score 35 a night and Shaq will be good for 20-25. Plus Miami plays much better D than Phoenix. Actually, Phoenix doesn't play D at all.

The one hope that i have for Dallas is that they beat the Spurs in San Antonio, that was huge. SO if they can close out the Spurs they have the ability to beat Miami. BUT, Miami is the one team that has 2 Superstars. Shaq and Duncan are a toss up IMHO, and please don't compare Ginobelli to Wade! Wade is a much better player.

And Dallas is excellant shooting foul shots. I would send Shaq to line every chance i have while keeping an eye on everyone's fouls. Dallas is way better at the line. And Dirk HAS to score 30 a night if they want to win. His points have to nuetralize Wades points. Then they have Terry who can score 20 a night. After that, i feel Dallas is the deeper team. {censored}, maybe Dallas in 7.

MARK THIS POST!!!!

Nobody in the league guards Wade better than Jose Howard. Mark my words.

• Members

Originally posted by MetalHeadd

Dallas in 6. They just have too much depth. Josh Howard can handle Wade, and they can foul Shaq all night long. Miami can't guard Dirk, he'll be good for at least 30 a night.

Yup, nobody can take Dirk- and Dallas can throw guys like Van Horn at Shaq no prob...

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

The one hope that i have for Dallas is that they beat the Spurs in San Antonio, that was huge. SO if they can close out the Spurs they have the ability to beat Miami.

Dont put to much on the fact that they beat the Spurs. Those games could have easly have gone the Spurs way. 5 games decided by 3 point or less or something like that. Had they beaten the Spurs badly then the fact that they beat S.A. might be something to be thought of as "huge". But other than the emotional lift that its given them.....it doesnt factor into this series with Miami.

• Members

Originally posted by VoodooChild24

Snaq O'meal will get owned by Diop!!

Thats one of the weakest sports take I've ever read on this board.

That gives Mega8675309 a run for his "dumbest sports take on the board" award. LOL!

If Diop couldnt hang with Duncan.....

he wont be able to hang with Shaq Daddy.

• Members

LoL DannyM is still butthurt that Cuban is gonna get a championship. ;)

Cuban > *.*

Shaq is a good player, but too old. Wade will look like a bitch. Dallas finished off that chump, Nash, so Miami will be taken down as well.

Past Shaq, and Wade who does Miami have? The white guy that wishes he was black? Looks like he came straight out of a trailer park. (Jason Williams maybe?)

• Members
Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

LoL DannyM is still butthurt that Cuban is gonna get a championship.
;)

Cuban > *.*

Shaq is a good player, but too old. Wade will look like a bitch. Dallas finished off that chump, Nash, so Miami will be taken down as well.

Past Shaq, and Wade who does Miami have? The white guy that wishes he was black? Looks like he came straight out of a trailer park. (Jason Williams maybe?)

Antione Walker, Gary Payton, Alonzo Mourning. Those guys are old but now it's only a 7 game series and they will leave it all out on the court. Alonzo has been big off the bench for the Heat and he wants a champoinship BADLY.

Udonis Haslem is capable of scoring 25 points on a given night.

And why will Wade look like a bitch? He is playing right now at a very high level. Shaq is going to go all out here since he doesn't have to half-ass like he does in the regular season.

I want Dallas to win but your not being realistic. The Nets are a team that can score a lot of points and the Heat shut them down pretty good. Everyone is underestimating Wades defense.

Archived