Danger Danger/Andy Timmons Appreciation Thread!!!

JohnRageOn

• Members

Originally posted by JohnRageOn

m/m/m/m/m/m/

m/m/m/m/m/m/

m/m/m/m/m/m/

m/m/m/m/m/m/

There's so many subtle things in his playing that I really dig. Little slides, bends, shakes etc...

• Members

Originally posted by vlad

There's so many subtle things in his playing that I really dig. Little slides, bends, shakes etc...

Andy has a very wild vibrato also! He was one of the most underrated because he also had the looks and stage presence!

• Members

I don't really know Danger Danger stuff, but I think Andy's a great guitar player.

A long time ago a friend of mine took me to the Berklee Performance Center to see Andy and John Petrucci do a little concert/clinic type thing.
I know I'll catch {censored} from the Petrucci guys here, but IMO Andy blew JP away.
AT played with so much more enthusiasm, passion and energy.

• Members
Originally posted by JohnRageOn

Andy has a very wild vibrato also! He was one of the most underrated because he also had the looks and stage presence!

Not so much underrated just not heard of I think. He seems to be kind of content being in the background. Releasing albums for folks that would appreciate it... :D

• Members

Originally posted by fragglerick

I don't really know Danger Danger stuff, but I think Andy's a great guitar player.

A long time ago a friend of mine took me to the Berklee Performance Center to see Andy and John Petrucci do a little concert/clinic type thing.

I know I'll catch {censored} from the Petrucci guys here, but IMO Andy blew JP away.

I can totally believe it... If you've seen the Hoshino 90th Anniversary video... he really shines next to Vai and Gilbert. Two of my favorite players ever.

• Members

Believe me he blows the majority of guitar players away! Go buy Screw It CD if you want proper D2 stuff! Rob Marcello (current D2 axeman) says its one of his favorite records!

• Members
Originally posted by vlad

Not so much underrated just not heard of I think. He seems to be kind of content being in the background. Releasing albums for folks that would appreciate it...
:D

Perhaps!!! But he deserved more spotlight!

• Members

Originally posted by Mood Sphinx

Andy's been one of my favorite guitar players for many, many years now. He's one of the most versatile, emotive, and melodic players around. He's got it all - chops, phrasing, feel, etc.

Check out this clip of him shredding it up with the late Shawn Lane:

- Incredible!!!

Thanks for the contribution I'll check 'em!

• Members
Originally posted by Toneranger

ANDY TIMMONS ROCKS!!!

I had never even heard of Andy a month ago. A friend was looking for guitar cabs on ebay and I was looking for more info on a particular cab. The company stated on its website that Timmons was one of the few complete rock guitarists today. I went to
and the opening lick from

• Members

He does the same thing to Vai, Gilbert and Satch too. That's why you don't hear about him enough. He hurts everyone's feelings when he destroys their heroes.

Archived