VHT Deliverance Review

JohnRageOn

• Members

thats a great review but I dissagree on the High gain part This amp Will do modern ! think of it as a Cobra that mated with the VHT CL...... and this amp screams for 60 watts I couldnt believe it and its the reason why i sold the 6505 THIS AMP OWNS ! now wheres that special Soldano SLO -100 ..... mu hahah

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

I have an UL and am intrigued by the Deliverance.

Seems like it would be a great studio amp for recording projects, lack of effects loop wouldn't matter anyway in that application
:D

Indeed you're right, I believe that's why Steve Fryette made it! But if you have a UL try to buy a different head! They're both VHTs, they share common characteristics and you already own their flagship.
I seriously consider to buy a Deliverance for rehearsal purposes because VH4 is too heavy to carry every time and I'm sick of the DSL, TSL most studios have! The problem is that I've ordered a second Suhr and I have to pay for it :D :D :D
Furthermore, Deliverance is perfect for home and I like this Plug 'n Play vibe it has. No effects no bull{censored}!

• Members
Originally posted by Eshawn60

thats a great review but I dissagree on the High gain part This amp Will do modern ! think of it as a Cobra that mated with the VHT CL...... and this amp screams for 60 watts I couldnt believe it and its the reason why i sold the 6505 THIS AMP OWNS ! now wheres that special Soldano SLO -100 ..... mu hahah

There are modern playings not modern amps! The only limitation is if an amp could not handle dropped tunings (meaning 60-80 hz). I think a KT88 ready amp offers enough bottom by itself! So you might be right!
Now as far Cobra and CL mating, I haven't heard or played with Cobras :D :D :D

• Members

Originally posted by jforsythe

The only effect I use that would require a loop is a Boss DD-6 delay pedal. I mainly use it for clean sounds, which would be ok with the Deliverance, but sometimes I need the delay during an occasional rhythm part. I don't need the delay to sound amazing during the rhythm parts, I just don't want it sounding like a fuzzy mess like it does thru my JCM 800.

We share the same logic. I only use delays for some leads and on the songs tempo and occasionaly some choruses on cleans!

• Members

Originally posted by JohnRageOn

But if you have a UL try to buy a different head! They're both VHTs, they share common characteristics and you already own their flagship.

while these 2 amps share some basic, persistently updated VHT design characteristics,

they are not at all the same amp:

certainly not in feel.

just a heads-up.

dt / spltrcl

• Members
Originally posted by splatt

while these 2 amps share some basic, persistently updated VHT design characteristics,

they are not at all the same amp:

certainly not in feel.

just a heads-up.

dt / spltrcl

You didn't get my point!
Of course there're not the same amps, as I said they share similar characteristics. It's like me going to get a Herbert! A UL or Deliverance might be a plus to my tonal arsenal. On the other hand I could have a Diezel collection :D :D :D
Well there's no wrong or right, it's a matter of priorities let's say! It's better to have a vast array of amps than similar ones IMHO!

• Members

You didn't get my point!

Of course there're not the same amps, as I said they share similar characteristics. It's like me going to get a Herbert! A UL or Deliverance might be a plus to my tonal arsenal. On the other hand I could have a Diezel collection
Well there's no wrong or right, it's a matter of priorities let's say! It's better to have a vast array of amps than similar ones IMHO!

That's why I have a Shiva/Uberschall combination as well :).

• Members

That's why I have a Shiva/Uberschall combination as well
:)

I envy you, you little ...

:thu: :thu: :thu:

Good choice man it seems you have 'em all!
Ok as far as Bogners are concerned the one is not so similar with the other. XTC and Uber are worlds apart!

• Members

:thu:

Ok as far as Bogners are concerned the one is not so similar with the other. XTC and Uber are worlds apart!

I think a Deliverance/UL combo would be killer.

So now I need a Deliverance, VH4 and/or Einstein + Herbert to round out the collection :eek:

• Members

I think a Deliverance/UL combo would be killer.

So now I need a Deliverance, VH4 and/or Einstein + Herbert to round out the collection
:eek:

+SLO/Decatone and one Matchless just for cleans when you're in the mood!!!

:D :D :D

Guest Anonymous

The only effect I use that would require a loop is a Boss DD-6 delay pedal. I mainly use it for clean sounds, which would be ok with the Deliverance, but sometimes I need the delay during an occasional rhythm part. I don't need the delay to sound amazing during the rhythm parts, I just don't want it sounding like a fuzzy mess like it does thru my JCM 800.

I have run a DL4 an Echo Park and DD5 into the face of this thing and all the echos sound great. Oh yeah and a TC Mone XL.

As splatt mentioned this amp is very pedal friendly. I had issues with JCM 800/900 types etc with running a delay into the face.

I have not run into any issues with the Deliverance--- Keep in mind that I am using the VHT VALVULATOR I. That is first thing I plug into - then effects.

I have started preproduction on my second record and I finally have an amp that I know will speak my mind.

Nice to see you fellas are hip to the D's

BK

• Members

I tried the 60 out with a H-S-S Suhr. The "less" gain mode is JCM800 territory for sure. The "more" is uniquely VHT. The amp is very thick which is how I had it dimed in. I loved it. It may be my next amp. I'm considering the VHT, Fuchs or Egnater MOD50.
I loved the Deliverance. It has a distinct tone. Listen to the clips of someone playing a single coil guitar simi clean. It sounds great. I'd love to hear someone open this thing up a bit.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Kahanek

I have not run into any issues with the Deliverance--- Keep in mind that I am using the VHT VALVULATOR I. That is first thing I plug into - then effects.

Do you use the Valvulator on your gigs? I heard it's an awesome piece of equipment but very unreliable.

• Members

Brother John! :D I'll have to disagree a little with you here: Shiva, XTC and Uber all have LOTS of common: Punchy low mids, the classic Bogner tone. Shiva was rude, XTC polite and Uber earth shacking:) But (especially recorded) they all shared common ground IMHO:)

• Members
Originally posted by Myron Stratis

Brother John!
I'll have to disagree a little with you here: Shiva, XTC and Uber all have LOTS of common: Punchy low mids, the classic Bogner tone. Shiva was rude, XTC polite and Uber earth shacking:) But (especially recorded) they all shared common ground IMHO:)

But they are different enough to warrant having each if you are a fan of the Bogner style, same way that he was trying to explain with the UL/Deliverance combination having the inherent VHT style :).

Guest Anonymous

Do you use the Valvulator on your gigs? I heard it's an awesome piece of equipment but very unreliable.

I have owned this Valvulator since 2000 and I have never had a problem - I have played countless gigs and sessions and come to think of it .... I have never worried if it would go down. I haven't even changed the tube. Maybe I should ---- but if it ain't broke don't fix it I say....

It has been one of the most rock solid pieces of gear I own.

I could not live without it on my pedal board.

Best

BK

• Members
Originally posted by Myron Stratis

Agree!
:)

1st of all check your goddamn PMs!!! :D :D :D
2nd They're all Bogner ok, but they're not so similar, like a CLX and UL. I've heard them all at your house and each has it's own character. You know that my personnal favourite is Uber! m/
3rd The fact that they have low mids doesn't make 'em so similar again! XTC and Shiva are closer but Uber is in another territory and many times misunderstood as an amp!
4th They {censored}ing rock!!!
5th Again check your Pms

PS Check your Pms :D :D :D

...................................And come by for a coffee
m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/
m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/
m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/
m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/m/

Crowd makin' the devil's horns!!!

Archived