Anyone ever swallowed a pick?

Sick Michael

• Members

I nearly always keep a pick in my mouth when I'm typing away here. One of these days Im going to do something stupid like swallow it.

So, should this ever happen, does anyone know from experience how serious this might be, and what the best course of action should be, were it to happen?

Thanks!

• Members

my brother was laying on his back once flipping a quarter above him when it fell right into the back of his mouth. his natural reaction was to swallow it so that he wouldn't choke. He said it hurt like a bitch going down but he passed it eventually and everything was alright.

• Members

I remember kids from school who used to eat coins... there parents had to go through their crap, literally, with rubber gloves to double-check "everything came out ok". :)

I'd say you'd be ok Mike... but, I would at least swallow a new pick, not one of those we play on for months that looks pretty serated on the edge... that might cut up your X-ring on the way out.

:D

• Members

I don't know why this reminds me of a story, but it does....

"One day I gave my dog Cracker Jacks...because that's what I was having. He ate a whole box of Cracker Jacks. The next day I took my dog for a walk. He took a Cracker Jack. I was waiting for the prize." -George Carlin

• Members

I almost choked to death on a Fender medium once when I was 15 or so. I had it in my mouth while I was flipping pages on a magazine lesson or something and I suddenly had to sneeze, and on the big inhale right before the sneeze - whoooop, right down my throat, lodged in there crosswise. I went to cough/breath/etc and didn't even make a squeak! I was plugged 100%. Talk about a panic moment. Luckily a buddy of mine was there and started beating the hell out of my back (heimlich maneuver woulda been nice, instead of the bludgeoning...lol) and I horked it up.

I switched to Jazz III's :D

• Members
Originally posted by ratter

I almost choked to death on a Fender medium once when I was 15 or so. I had it in my mouth while I was flipping pages on a magazine lesson or something and I suddenly had to sneeze, and on the big inhale right before the sneeze - whoooop, right down my throat, lodged in there crosswise. I went to cough/breath/etc and didn't even make a squeak! I was plugged 100%. Talk about a panic moment. Luckily a buddy of mine was there and started beating the hell out of my back (heimlich maneuver woulda been nice, instead of the bludgeoning...lol) and I horked it up.

I switched to Jazz III's
:D

so.... did you ever sneeze?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived