Yammmy FC7 volume pedal compatibility?

MickeyKeys

• Members

If there's a thread on this already - apologies, I've somehow missed it . . .

I have an FC-7 volume pedal in my old "legacy gearbox" that I'd like to be able to use with my RD700SX. I've read about polarity-switching adapters that are no longer apparently being made, and have tried reversing the wiring where it attaches to the pot without success. It's still an all-or-nothing on the volume level.

The EV-5 is not exactly floating my boat, and the FC7 (back when I had a P200) was the best pedal in terms of response and feel I've ever used.

Has anyone out there had any success with this?

• Members

If there's a thread on this already - apologies, I've somehow missed it . . .

I have an FC-7 volume pedal in my old "legacy gearbox" that I'd like to be able to use with my RD700SX. I've read about polarity-switching adapters that are no longer apparently being made, and have tried reversing the wiring where it attaches to the pot without success. It's still an all-or-nothing on the volume level.

The EV-5 is not exactly floating my boat, and the FC7 (back when I had a P200) was the best pedal in terms of response and feel I've ever used.

Has anyone out there had any success with this?

I've tried as well ... but no luck. My understanding is that the potentiometers used in each device are have substantially different output curves ... making them essentially incompatible. (That's what the electronics guy I worked with on my pedalboard setup told me after he futzed with it ... I'm not versed enough in the electronics to confirm or refute his comments...)

I love the FC7 I use with my CP300 ... and hate the EV-5 I seem to be absolutely stuck using with my RD700SX. I'd love to hear about a better solution for an expression pedal for the RD700SX !!!!

• Members

somewhere in
, I think

Thanks Doug:thu:, but I think I'm still stuck. Lots of raves about the FC7 and a mention of reversing the wiring but for some reason it hasn't worked for me.

Even tried going into the RD's system editor to internally reverse the polarity of the board's jack. I gotta be missing something somewhere.

• Members

I've tried as well ... but no luck. My understanding is that the potentiometers used in each device are have substantially different output curves ... making them essentially incompatible.

I love the FC7 I use with my CP300 ... and hate the EV-5 I seem to be absolutely stuck using with my RD700SX. I'd love to hear about a better solution for an expression pedal for the RD700SX !!!!

OK . . . now I KNOW I'm in good company. . .

Archived