How much should this PRS cost me?

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I bought my artist package custom 24 brand new for only 2740 shipped. Its an amazing guitar. It simply just blows away my jackson and esp in terms of playability and attention to detail. when i got my jackson i thought id never find a better guitar, then i got my esp and i was like wow this is awesome it cant get better....but it does. I can play so much cleaner and faster on the PRS its amazing and the pickups have a lot less output then my EMGs so that really says something about how it plays. It comes from the factory with the action at 2/32" and it just feels perfect. I wish it wasnt so nice so I could play it more.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

If you want a PRS as well why not the CE24? Those are really nice guitars and dont cost that much.

Body is thicker on the McCarty & different pups, and CE24 has a bolt on neck. Really a completely different animal.

• Members

Originally posted by Shine

prs90851_1.jpg

That's a Modern Eagle, not a Custom 22. Retail on that is $8,000

BTW BAZ, I may be selling my CU22 Artist w/3 way switching in Whale Blue next year.
:wave:

You are correct, Modern Eagle. But my Artist Package Custom had the exact same finish with the Brazillian Rosewood neck and McCarty electronics package. With the exception of the headstock inlay, it looked exactly like the one pictured.

• Members

I would really suggest buying used/ebay- I bought my std 22 (this is NOT bolt on, and is pretty much the same thing as the custom w/out fancy finishes) for $900 on the bay and it plays absolutely fantastic-- knowing how to properly set up your own guitars goes a long way thou because obviously, after shipping, it won't play exactly how u want it to. But with a few minor adjustments, any high end guitar like that should kill.

I see mcartys go for like 1300, depending upon finish- but since it seems that you want something fancy, I would say thats gonna run around 1600-1700- which is about a grand less than new and imo, the price difference is just not worth buying new.

• Members

Originally posted by riffy

You are correct, Modern Eagle. But my Artist Package Custom had the exact same finish with the Brazillian Rosewood neck and McCarty electronics package. With the exception of the headstock inlay, it looked exactly like the one pictured.

Lets see it. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

What's happening next May?

I`m taking out a loan on my 401K. I love the 401K loans. You pay very little interest and most of it goes back to you. All the principle pays back into your account. I took out a $2,500 loan two years ago and saved a bundle on interest.

Anyway, I want to buy two "high end" guitars. One 24.75" scale length and one 25.5". The two Jacksons would cover that and should cost me between $4,000 and $4,500 with cases.

I`m also trading in my wife`s wedding rings for something nicer and I`m taking my family on vacation. But of course the guitars are the most important thing. :thu:

Eric

• Members

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

How's that?

They're expensive super strats too.
:p

For one thing, PRS guitars are, on average, about $1000 more than Caparisons.

For another, they cater to completely different types of players.

And I hope you're joking, at least when referring to PRS guitars :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

For one thing, PRS guitars are, on average, about $1000 more than Caparisons.

For another, they cater to completely different types of players.

And I hope you're joking, at least when referring to PRS guitars
:freak:

Check this price list.

http://www.guitarasylum.com/productpages/caparison/angelus_2006.htm

Your average PRS is $1700-$2500.

More:

http://www.guitarasylum.com/productpages/caparison/horus_2006.htm

Looking for a better prs dealer with prices.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

Check this price list.

Your average PRS is $1700-$2500.

More:

Looking for a better prs dealer with prices.

Wow, I've never heard of one being more than $2000.

around $1500-$1700 used it seems.

My bad haha.

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Anyway, I want to buy two "high end" guitars. One 24.75" scale length and one 25.5".

Eric

I hate to break it to you, but...

Most PRS necks are 25"... the exceptions are the Santana (24.5") and the 513 (25.25").

Archived