Who in the UK/Europe can fix my Marshall

ScottIans Beard

• Members

Best thing with marshall is to actually go travel to them. They have some weird setup if they are not couriering your amp to/from a business address, it costs you mowfacka!

They really are the best to service it; any time I have had them do it, its come back absolutely top dollah! I had them do a JCM900, Anniversarly 6100lm, my jcm 2000s and all that - always come back top.

But if you're determined to get someone else to do it, Panic Music in Cambridge have treated me good before. Did a great job on my powerball revalve and sorting out the channel switch fault. Had all of it sorted for about

• Members
Originally posted by satannica

Best thing with marshall is to actually go travel to them. They have some weird setup if they are not couriering your amp to/from a business address, it costs you mowfacka!

They really are the best to service it; any time I have had them do it, its come back absolutely top dollah! I had them do a JCM900, Anniversarly 6100lm, my jcm 2000s and all that - always come back top.

But if you're determined to get someone else to do it, Panic Music in Cambridge have treated me good before. Did a great job on my powerball revalve and sorting out the channel switch fault. Had all of it sorted for about

• Members

ahh good, this is what i like to see. You have no excuse not to fix it now ;)

Sorry i didnt text back last night, got totally distracted by attempting to learn classical guitar. Are you saying after effects is better for my animation than flash or that it would be good for tarting it up?

James

• Members

Originally posted by ScottIans Beard

So if i get it sent from a guitar local shop, its much cheaper? Or if i drive it, can they do same day? Im quite a way from Milton Keynes. How long do they normally take to turn around? I take it they will do a service, can you get them to put in tubes of your choice and get them to bias?

Did you ever have any mods done?

Steve

If you send it through the guitar shop, they may charge you as they'll obviously want something out of it themselves. Unless you're matey with one...

I don't think they're too hot on modding, but they do a good job on the servicing. They will retube for you no problem. I did bring tubes I wanted them to use before, but they use fairly good ones anyway. The last time, they put in Svet Wing Cs for me. They are marshall tubes, but they're all relabelled, though you would have to ask someone else what they commonly use. I've also had a general electric tube in my PI from them before, though I didn't specifically request it. They will load whatever tubes you want though.

What marshall is it? Does it definately need a service? Rebiasing marshalls is really quite easy. I was worried doing mine, but I did one and its easy peasy once you do it the first time. Just look up on here what it should be biased to, get your multimeter, hook it up and turn the trim pot until you get it. You don't bias preamp tubes and if you are able to replace a light bulb, or plug your amp into your cab, you'll easily handle replacing the preamp tubes.

The longest was my JCM2000 TSL because that was dying a horrid death. They kept mine for 2 weeks, I got it back and it crapped out again 3 days later. They replaced it on the spot for me though. It was still under warranty and they didn't charge me a dime! Good enough service for me.

• Members

Sorry, just re-read. They'll do a good job on an 800!

What mods are you after?

Basically, it hums and hisses like a mofo. Ive had the caps changed, and its still the same. I want that sorted out, ive heard that requires some kind of grounding mod. Id be interested in an effects loop being added too.

I dont think these are serious mods at all.

Before the modding police get there pants in a bunch, my amp was modded before i got it, so it has a bunch of holes in it anyway!

• Members

I shouldn't think they would have a problem like that.

Standard service I think includes tubes, recap and sorting out any grounding issues, but you would have to discuss with their tech on what you want.

FX loop may or may not be possilble, don't know as I've never requested that work.

Its a pain in the arse to drive to milton keynes, I know, but its worth it to get the amp sorted. Where abouts are you?

Be warned - M.K. is full of roundabouts and if you're not a local its damn easy to get confused really easily. Think of it like someone who's really anally rententive playing sim city - all the blocks exactly X number along, everything symmetrical... its weird!

J.

• Members

I shouldn't think they would have a problem like that.

Standard service I think includes tubes, recap and sorting out any grounding issues, but you would have to discuss with their tech on what you want.

FX loop may or may not be possilble, don't know as I've never requested that work.

Its a pain in the arse to drive to milton keynes, I know, but its worth it to get the amp sorted. Where abouts are you?

Be warned - M.K. is full of roundabouts and if you're not a local its damn easy to get confused really easily. Think of it like someone who's really anally rententive playing sim city - all the blocks exactly X number along, everything symmetrical... its weird!

J.

Based in Bournemouth. I wouldnt mind doing the trip if i could get it back in a day. It would prob take a 3-4 hours each way.

I was in MK for Monster of Rock last month, it sure does look like a Sim City nightmare!

Ill give Marshall a call later see what they can do.

Thanks for your help :thu:

• Members

Haha i come from good old MK. Its the most logical city in the world...once your used to it. So easy. If one road is closed u just go up a block. Unlike most cities where youd have to back track and go around before going back in time and do not pass go etc.

Anyway marshall are really good - they'll service it up, put all new nobs on it n stuff if need be.

I know a good tech in dunstable also. I also take my gizmos, pedals preamps etc to him when they break. Getting him to fix my tc pre and mesa 2:90 soon. Can give you the email if you want it.

Archived