Italy vs. Germany

rememberduane

• Members

Thoughts? I don't think Italy has a chance. They are notoriously late starters, and I think Germany is going to come out strong, put down a goal or 2 in the first half, and Italy is going to have too little too late in the second. My prediction. Thoughts?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

I think Italy are notoriously late starters in tournaments rather than matches, to be honest. With that said, I still think Germany will beat them, and win the final. It just seems meant to be.

Eh.. I think they got lucky against Australia, and Ghana wasn't that great. They haven't faced anybody too tough yet this year, so we'll have to see about them turning it on against a powerhouse like Germany.

Germany has never lost at home.

I'd really like to see a France vs. Germany final, and then I just don't care who wins. I want to see Zidane go out strong, but Germany has worked so hard for so long and not won recently, and to win at home would be awesome.

• Members

as I'm french, I really hope Italy's gonna win.....for the simple reason that if Italy beats Germany, France has a lot more chances to win the final as I'm pretty sure germans will support the french team....

• Members

Originally posted by benlink

as I'm french, I really hope Italy's gonna win.....for the simple reason that if Italy beats Germany, France has a lot more chances to win the final as I'm pretty sure germans will support the french team....

Very true. I think if Italy wins and it's an Italy vs. France final, it won't be nearly as exciting as a France vs. Germany final though. I like how the French are kind of underdogs. Like.. they are an amazing team, but they are aging, and in Germany they'd be in a hostile environment against the Germans, etc. It'd be cool to see them take it this year.

• Members

Italy has never lost to Germany in the World Cup (sccording to TV guy) and Germany has never lost in that stadium so it looks like something has to give..

I ran inside from the BBQ to cacth a few mins, but as i type this it looks RAIN YET AGAIN (Threatening skies) HOLY {censored} can we get 3 days in a row of no rain? :mad:

Archived