Splawn QR+uberschall, uberschall+blackmore, splawn+blackmore?

guitarist17

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

You are on to me
;)
. THe splawn is a very awesome tight amp, But I would love to have a big huge, monster thick amp behind it, and this is where the bogner uber comes in. as far as my goals, I just love the sound of 2 different amps running together through seperate 4x12's producing a jaw dropping tone. i figure I could get away with running the uber with teh splawn or blackmore, as the splawn or blackmore are super tight, and at times bright amps, and I figured that would sit awesome with the bogner uber. The VHT UL is probably not the best amp to run with the splawn now that I think about it either haha.

Chris

If you want to get a general idea of how that combination might sound, you could get a used Rectifier of some variety as a test since they have a big sound.

If you liked it alot you could step up to the Uberschall.

I'll be able to test the two amps together in about a month I'll let you know my findings.

• Members

Never played a Splawn before, but aren't the QRs similar to JCM800s? If so, then it should sound great with the Uber.

I used to run an old JCM 800 with my Uber and they sounded fantastic together....especially when I boosted the Uber with a zvex sho. Super tight. Very agressive. The 800 provided that in-your-face, upper-mid Marshall cut and the Uber took care of the rest of the sonic spectrum. VERY complimentary amps for sure.

• Members
Originally posted by pjc

Never played a Splawn before, but aren't the QRs similar to JCM800s? If so, then it should sound great with the Uber.

I used to run an old JCM 800 with my Uber and they sounded fantastic together....especially when I boosted the Uber with a zvex sho. Super tight. Very agressive. The 800 provided that in-your-face, upper-mid Marshall cut and the Uber took care of the rest of the sonic spectrum. VERY complimentary amps for sure.

This is what I like to to hear :D The splawn is alot like a jcm800: well, a really super hot rodded super aggresive jcm800, with a bigger bottom end, bolder mids, and more gain. So again, it should sound awesome with the uber still :D

keep'em comin guys!

Chris

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

What did Cameron do to your Uberschall?
:D

First let me say that I liked the Uber just fine the way it was but I also love every Cameron Marshall Ive ever heard so it was an oportunity to have the best of both worlds for me.

As far as the mods go....
He ripped out the clean channel and gave me one that sounds like a gigantic Twin. Then he gave me a different gain voicing option for the lead channel(via push/pull presence pot)...
Basically with the pot pushed in =stock Uber, pot pulled out takes me to Cameron land which is a no fizz, way more dynamic, insanely high gain tone. If youve ever heard his "Jose High Gain" mod its kinda like that but more crazy.

• Members

you are one sick puppy.....speak of which, when do I get my Radial Tonebone switch back ;) I'll be in town from saturday-Thursday...oh yea, I got my Competition today too. You are more than welcome to buy that pedal from me ;) $175 is the lowest I could go. Cause eventually I'll have to buy another one lol I just want to buy a grill!

Also......I don't think a blackmore would compliment the splawn for your needs...I wouldn't say it's a monstrously "thick" amp....lots of clarity though. If you want think buy a Single Recto or somethin man ;)

• Members
Originally posted by john l

First let me say that I liked the Uber just fine the way it was but I also love every Cameron Marshall Ive ever heard so it was an oportunity to have the best of both worlds for me.

As far as the mods go....

He ripped out the clean channel and gave me one that sounds like a gigantic Twin. Then he gave me a different gain voicing option for the lead channel(via push/pull presence pot)...

Basically with the pot pushed in =stock Uber, pot pulled out takes me to Cameron land which is a no fizz, way more dynamic, insanely high gain tone. If youve ever heard his "Jose High Gain" mod its kinda like that but more crazy.

Sounds cool! You are fortunate you are in his neck of the woods in So Cal.

I heard he left Bogner recently, so he must have pretty good knowledge of the schematic of the amp for mods :) .

Archived