ENGL SE+ G major. Does anybody use these together?

guitarist17

• Members

with the complexity (to me atleast) of the G major and the ENGL SE, it seems programming these 2 units to run together would be very difficult. IS this the case? Can someone give me the basics on midi and what it works? and the ENGL SE is midi also, so does this mean I can save differnet settings etc and then at the push of a button, i can have those settings recalled? For instance, if i wanted bass 10 mids 0, treble 10 ( :D ) with the mega low punch enabled on one patch, saved it, then switched the settings, and then pushed back on the patch with the saved amp settings, the amp would go back to those settings correct? as you can tell, im pretty ignorant on midi.....if i had the g major and the engl SE running together as my main rig, would I need a footswitch for the engl, and a footswitch for the G major, or could i control everything from one footswitch, including amp switching and programming the midi presets? I know the G major can only switch 2 channels, so i guess I kinda answered my own question...ahh im all confused lol someone help me :confused: :confused:

Chris

• Members

I don't know much about MIDI, however from the research I've done, it seems to me that if the amp has midi in/out, you could get a MIDI footcontroller into the amp and out to the g-major. The controller then should be able to control everything including switching to all channels of the amp. You wouldn't use the g-major to switch the channels - just the effects.

• Members
Originally posted by mhenson42

I don't know much about MIDI, however from the research I've done, it seems to me that if the amp has midi in/out, you could get a MIDI footcontroller into the amp and out to the g-major. The controller then should be able to control everything including switching to all channels of the amp. You wouldn't use the g-major to switch the channels - just the effects.

thank you much :D anyother help??/

Chris

• Members

you can change patches on the gmajor which works with the SE. each new patch will be recognised by the SE and it will go to those settings. basically all the pushbuttons are midi changeable. not the eq. the good thing is it has 2 mid voicing buttons which can be used in combos to really screw around with that eq band with out touching the Mid eq knob.

Archived