I'm pretty sure this clip just sealed my fate..........

guitarist17

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Listen to the new Unearth song, that's exactly what my VHT sounded like. Nice amp, just definitely not my style at all.

I hope the VHT Steve's going to send you sounds like that.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Listen to the new Unearth song, that's exactly what my VHT sounded like. Nice amp, just definitely not my style at all.

i love the new unearth tone, i love both tones equally....i like dry amps i guess, nice and clear...thats what i like

Chris

• Members

They do sound huge, but still very tight and focused. That's the CL there which has EL34s which is the cause of the "hair" your talking about. I used to own a UL which had KT88s. I really liked the amp, but it was a little too tight for me. I just missed the saturated liquid tone I used to get from other amps. Also their fx loops kick arse. All in all, VHT makes a great product.

• Members
Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz

They do sound huge, but still very tight and focused. That's the CL there which has EL34s which is the cause of the "hair" your talking about. I used to own a UL which had KT88s. I really liked the amp, but it was a little too tight for me. I just missed the saturated liquid tone I used to get from other amps. Also their fx loops kick arse. All in all, VHT makes a great product.

thanks ozz, your always a help :D. I think I would go for the El34's, as the VHT are so tight to begin with, that might give me alittle more bloom on lead runs

chris

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

thanks ozz, your always a help
. I think I would go for the El34's, as the VHT are so tight to begin with, that might give me alittle more bloom on lead runs

chris

Yup. Just be sure to get one with the graphic eq built in. The cool thing is that VHT's have their own voice. Not a modified Marshall, Fender, etc. thing going on. They are pretty unique.

• Members

Yup. Just be sure to get one with the graphic eq built in. The cool thing is that VHT's have their own voice. Not a modified Marshall, Fender, etc. thing going on. They are pretty unique.

how much does a used Cl100 usually run? a range if possible thanks :D

chris

• Members

how much does a used Cl100 usually run? a range if possible thanks

chris

You can usually find them for around $1200+/-. The only downside on the CL is that it's basically 2 gain channels (gain and more gain: not that's it's a bad thing ;)), just no clean.

• Members

You can usually find them for around $1200+/-. The only downside on the CL is that it's basically 2 gain channels (gain and more gain: not that's it's a bad thing
;)
), just no clean.

around 1200 huh? wow...mctallica sold his cl50 for 1300 plus shipping, i guess thats on the high side? i would like the 100 watt model....and as far as clean, you can set one up as clean can't you? megasuck7684 (:D) made a pretty nice clean clip with his cl50.

chris

• Members

around 1200 huh? wow...mctallica sold his cl50 for 1300 plus shipping, i guess thats on the high side? i would like the 100 watt model....and as far as clean, you can set one up as clean can't you? megasuck7684 (
) made a pretty nice clean clip with his cl50.

chris

Not super clean... more like semi clean. That was the main reason I went for the UL. I'm sure with the right amp settings, neck pup, guitar volume setting etc. you can dial in something useable.

• Members

Not super clean... more like semi clean. That was the main reason I went for the UL. I'm sure with the right amp settings, neck pup, guitar volume setting etc. you can dial in something useable.

thanks again ozz, one more thing, do you know of any for sale? there is one on ebay, but im not paying 1800 for one :D

• Members

thanks again ozz, one more thing, do you know of any for sale? there is one on ebay, but im not paying 1800 for one

$1800?!? WTF! Way out of line. I sold my UL for $2000, in MINT shape. I haven't seen any CLs around, but I'll PM you if I do. They tend to pop up fairly frequently.

• Members

$1800?!? WTF! Way out of line. I sold my UL for $2000, in MINT shape. I haven't seen any CLs around, but I'll PM you if I do. They tend to pop up fairly frequently.

i appreciate it bro! I really do think I want one :D

Archived