keyboard stand question

• Members

So I bought my self a keyboard and an adjustable x stand. I thought adjustable meant that I could make it any height I want but it does not go low enough for playing sitting down. I had to turn the stand sideways and put magazines under one of its legs to make it level and now it is at a comfortable height at 22.5 inches. I'm using it like that until I find a better stand.

Now here's the problem I can't find a stand the goes as low as 22 inches. From my understanding your elbows should be a bit in front of your middle and your arms should be parallel to the floor. With my stand at 22.5" my white keys are 25.75" above the floor and my chair is 22" high. It looks like most piano benches are 23" tall so my chair isn't far from that. I'm 5'9 so I'm not short. I don't understand why I can't find a stand low enough for me.

If I'm missing something can someone explain it to me?

Can anyone recommend me a 22" keyboard stand that can support a 44 pound keyboard with fully weighted keys?

• Members

I don't know the height of my keyboard, or what a typical piano height is, but I've never had an issue with an x-stand for sitting height. I don't mean this in an offensive way, but maybe your expectations for keyboard height are off?

• Members

Just checked online, looks like most piano keybeds are 28 - 30" above the ground.

Perhaps a new bench would work better than a new stand?

Yeah I looked that up as well. I have my keyboard beside my studio desk so I just turn my chair to go to the keyboard. I kinda don't wanna be switching chairs back and forth but maybe its a bad idea to play keyboard on a computer chair. I think my height problem might be because I have long arms. When I sit up straight my elbows can touch my hip bone.

Archived