I`d rather not play well instead of being a momma`s basement living loser.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I ran into an old "friend" of mine today. I havn`t seen him in about 10 years. We used to hang quite a bit back in the day.

Went back to his place to check out his rig and throw down for a while. Guess what?

He still lives in his mom and dad`s basement which is a pit. The carpet is sticky and it smells like piss. He sleeps on a matress on the floor that doesn`t even have sheets on it. There is dog {censored} laying on the floor, food laying around, bugs crawling around.

He still doesn`t work or own a car. His parents buy his smokes for him. The damn guy is 36 years old. He`s never been away from home or lived anywhere but that basement. Sad.

But,

The guy kills on the guitar. He`s a hair metal freak and has chops out the ass. He sounds exactly like he did 10 years ago, but more technical. He`s still playing on the same pink Ibanez RG that I used to have to set up for him. Still playing through the same Crate 120 watt 2x12 combo. Nothing has changed. Nothing.

I would rather suck on the guitar than live like that. I couldn`t imagine being a burden on my parents for 36 years. He thinks that he`s so good on the guitar that he shouldn`t have to work.

I was disgusted and amazed at the same time.

Eric

• Members

i am am a loser but im only fifteen so it dosen't count.
After i can drive by myself i plan on being rich and famous, and being a very influential artist. i will aso continue to post on HCAF so i can brag about my rig. Then, when i get old, someone will catch me in an unfortunate pose and i will become a victim of merciless photo shopping. But, since i am cool i will laugh about it and maybe even participate in the photo-shop-fest of my old, wrinkly, saggy body.
And then i will live hapily ever after.:D

:freak: :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by sammyhuck_finn

i am am a loser but im only fifteen so it dosen't count.

After i can drive by myself i plan on being rich and famous, and being a very influential artist. i will aso continue to post on HCAF so i can brag about my rig. Then, when i get old, someone will catch me in an unfortunate pose and i will become a victim of merciless photo shopping. But, since i am cool i will laugh about it and maybe even participate in the photo-shop-fest of my old, wrinkly, saggy body.

And then i will live hapily ever after.
:D

:freak:
:freak:

You can't be a loser at 15... it takes time. I don't have a comment on the rest of your plan.

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I ran into an old "friend" of mine today. I havn`t seen him in about 10 years. We used to hang quite a bit back in the day.

Went back to his place to check out his rig and throw down for a while. Guess what?

He still lives in his mom and dad`s basement which is a pit. The carpet is sticky and it smells like piss. He sleeps on a matress on the floor that doesn`t even have sheets on it. There is dog {censored} laying on the floor, food laying around, bugs crawling around.

He still doesn`t work or own a car. His parents buy his smokes for him. The damn guy is 36 years old. He`s never been away from home or lived anywhere but that basement. Sad.

thats exactly how our old drummer was, only he was 20, but well on his way to being that guy.
living in his parents basement in his own filth.
the way you described it brought back memories :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by JimAnsell

thats exactly how our old drummer was, only he was 20, but well on his way to being that guy.

living in his parents basement in his own filth.

the way you described it brought back memories
:eek:

Let me tell you why I havn`t seen him in 10 years. I was crashing at his place one night after doing some partying. The next day I went to work and left my stuff there. Which included my MIJ Strat and practice amp. When I came back from work all the lights were out and no one would answer the door. I guess he thought he would keep my stuff and I would just let him.

I went home and called the cops, picked up the receipt w/serial # for the guitar and went back to his place. Waited in the drive way for the law to show up and that`s when his parents came home. When the police showed things got very interesting. The guy had actually been sitting in the basement playing my guitar while I was pounding on the door. He said I owed him the guitar for crashing the night at his parent`s house.

HAHAHAHA, his parents were mortified to say the least.

I got my {censored} back and never talked to him again till today.

Eric

• Members

Let me tell you why I havn`t seen him in 10 years. I was crashing at his place one night after doing some partying. The next day I went to work and left my stuff there. Which included my MIJ Strat and practice amp. When I came back from work all the lights were out and no one would answer the door. I guess he thought he would keep my stuff and I would just let him.

I went home and called the cops, picked up the receipt w/serial # for the guitar and went back to his place. Waited in the drive way for the law to show up and that`s when his parents came home. When the police showed things got very interesting. The guy had actually been sitting in the basement playing my guitar while I was pounding on the door. He said I owed him the guitar for crashing the night at his parent`s house.

Eric

Interesting that you held that facet of the story back until now

• Members

About 12 years ago the drummer in my band pawned my {censored} while it was at the rehearsal space.

I took his drums, and sold them to the bass player.

All 3 of us are in a new band together today.

lol.

You get over {censored}.

• Members

Eric

Wow! I don't think I'd have any interest in seeing him ever again after that. You're too forgiving Eric.

• Members

Originally posted by Kung-Fool

Wow! I don't think I'd have any interest in seeing him ever again after that. You're too forgiving Eric.

Thanks Tom, but it was more like morbid curiosity that made me check him out. I would never hang with the guy anymore. I`m in a whole new place in life with my new family, job, home, etc. I couldn`t and wouldn`t go back to that part of my life again.

I hated the guy for a long time, but I got over that today. I was just very sad for him and his family.

Eric

P.S.- How you been bro? How`s the amp situation?

• Members

You can't be a loser at 15... it takes time. I don't have a comment on the rest of your plan.

On the contrary. You CAN very easily be a loser at fifteen. if you walk down the street and see someone wearing a slipknot tshirt. BAM there you go, a fifteen year old loser

• Members

Originally posted by Banded-Morwong

On the contrary. You CAN very easily be a loser at fifteen. if you walk down the street and see someone wearing a slipknot tshirt. BAM there you go, a fifteen year old loser

Our definitions may be different.

• Members
Originally posted by SuperStrat

I think that denotes 58% of HCAF posters.... Sad, very sad.

Well, I practically live in my own basement....which is pretty clean, I am a hair metal freak and I can shred :D Too bad I dont think I am good enough because I wake up everymorning and go to work :(

• Members

I have a couple of old "friends" who are like that now. Two are full blown psych patients now which have a whole story within themselves.

I see the mother of one of them at the hospital where I work quite often and she always starts talking about him. He apparently does nothing but sit in their basement (with no windows to the outside world), smokes up all day, plays video games, doesn't see the need for showering, and pees in buckets until there's apparently so many that he eventually spends a day dumping them all :freak::thu:

It's interesting because back in my high school days he was a very close friend.

• Members

Thanks Tom, but it was more like morbid curiosity that made me check him out. I would never hang with the guy anymore. I`m in a whole new place in life with my new family, job, home, etc. I couldn`t and wouldn`t go back to that part of my life again.

I hated the guy for a long time, but I got over that today. I was just very sad for him and his family.

Eric

P.S.- How you been bro? How`s the amp situation?

Things are good. My 10 week old daughter has been keeping me busy. I'm still playing on the Recto and 5150II....when I get a chance.:cry:

How's everything at your end?

• Members
Originally posted by Kung-Fool

Things are good. My 10 week old daughter has been keeping me busy. I'm still playing on the Recto and 5150II....when I get a chance.
:cry:

How's everything at your end?

I bet that little girl is a mess bro. They do keep you running at that age. Glad to hear she is doing well. Don`t worry about the Recto and 5150 II. They will still be there when she goes off to collage. That will be the first real chance you`ll have to sit down and play. :p

Everything`s busy, busy, busy on my end. Work is boiling over getting ready to start up two new product lines that will quadruple our production output. That`s going to ramp up between now and Aug. `07. Lots of OT this year.

My music is going well. I`ve got a new guitar coming in tomorrow. My first semi-hollow. I bought it for a small "blues" rig I`m putting together. I`ll be playing through the VJ head and an Avatar 2x12 with Greenbacks. Should sound prett sweet and the whole rig will cost less than $900.00. Not too bad investment wise.

I had a little surgery done on my back today. I had a large fatty limphoma (fat tumor) removed. It was pretty big. About three inches wide and round. Stood out from my back about an inch and left a good sized cavity when it was removed. I`m in a little pain, but o`k. I`ll definitaly be able to play that new guitar tomorrow.

Eric

Archived