Attn Korg Trinity owners

• Members

I just got an extremely lovely Trinity Plus tonight. Works like a charm!

32000_1449070945407_1192226269_1282979_7

But the former owner has some patches programmed in that I don't really like. I'd like to know if there is any way to restore the original programs without having to use the computer (read: I don't have a midi-interface at the moment..). I remember the Triton Extreme being able to do this in the global menu. Couldn't find anything similar in the Trinity though.

And does the Trinity only have two banks of sounds? My TR-rack has four banks..

• Members

Just to clarify, the Enter + 0 procedure only initializes the sounds, you'll still need the original disk images to restore your Trinity's factory data. It isn't stored internally, as it is on the Triton Extreme.

You can download them from our site, along with manuals, operating system updates, etc: http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=461 .

You'll only need a computer to put the images onto two 1.44 floppies.

Hope you enjoy it. :thu:

• Members

Tom,

You have a TR-Rack as well. I'm not sure if the presets in banks A and B are the same between the TR-Rack and the Trinity, but if they are, you can just do a "Dump sysex" operation over MIDI directly from the TR-Rack to the Trinity.

• Members

Tom,

You have a TR-Rack as well. I'm not sure if the presets in banks A and B are the same between the TR-Rack and the Trinity, but if they are, you can just do a "Dump sysex" operation over MIDI directly from the TR-Rack to the Trinity.

Hey thanks! I'll try it in a minute!

• Members

Hm - I just realized that the Trinity Plus has the SOLO-TRI expansion board though, so I guess you will still need to load those programs in another way, since the TR-rack won't have them.

That's not a big deal, I don't think he changed those anyway. Just the normal programs and combis. But it worked! Thanks so much :thu:

• Members

Just to clarify, the Enter + 0 procedure only initializes the sounds, you'll still need the original disk images to restore your Trinity's factory data. It isn't stored internally, as it is on the Triton Extreme.

You can download them from our site, along with manuals, operating system updates, etc:
http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=461

You'll only need a computer to put the images onto two 1.44 floppies.

Hope you enjoy it.
:thu:

rich, what's your estimate of the lifespan of the trinity touchscreen ?

• Members

rich, what's your estimate of the lifespan of the trinity touchscreen ?

I don't have a good answer for you there, just because the Trinity was our first TouchView display, I haven't seen one die of old age yet!

Archived