spoke to mark cameron last night

evhfan

• Members

mark cameron called me last night. super nice guy...talked to him about a 3 channel mod like he did for sparkle**...said he reads this board on occasion and can't believe some of the comments made on here.

anyway, like i said...really nice, down to earth, guy

• Members

Originally posted by evhfan

mark cameron called me last night. super nice guy...talked to him about a 3 channel mod like he did for sparkle**...said he reads this board on occasion and can't believe some of the comments made on here.

anyway, like i said...really nice, down to earth, guy

How are Ed's testicles doing?

Steve

• Members

said he reads this board on occasion and can't believe some of the comments made on here.

Sure. Sure.

"I can't believe that I have the amp of someone I just called last month, finally promising a tracking number after two years. I mean, why would I keep calling him if I had his amp?"

Yeah, that reminds me... I still have 10 free Marshalls on the table if Mark will publicly contest my claims.

In fact, I'll give anyone who can get that amp shipped out by next Tuesday $100. Here's what you do:

Go to Mark Cameron, or call him (if you can reach him). See if he plans on sending the amp this calendar year. If he is, ask him to hurry up and enclose your name in an envelope with the amp. If my buddy gets a tracking number by Tuesday, I will send you a $100 check. Obviously you should ask Mark to send you the number too.

Whoever gets the name in the envelope wins. The amp, a NIB 800 RI, is destined for Burke Va and has been in Mark's possession since 2004.

Good luck, 'cause you'll need it.

• Members

Originally posted by Dark Angel

Sure. Sure.

"I can't believe that I have the amp of someone I just called last month, finally promising a tracking number after two years. I mean, why would I keep calling him if I had his amp?"

Yeah, that reminds me... I still have 10 free Marshalls on the table if Mark will publicly contest my claims.

In fact, I'll give anyone who can get that amp shipped out by next Tuesday $100. Here's what you do:

Go to Mark Cameron, or call him (if you can reach him). See if he plans on sending the amp this calendar year. If he is, ask him to hurry up and enclose your name in an envelope with the amp. If my buddy gets a tracking number by Tuesday, I will send you a $100 check. Obviously you should ask Mark to send you the number too.

Whoever gets the name in the envelope wins. The amp, a NIB 800 RI, is destined for Burke Va and has been in Mark's possession since 2004.

Good luck, 'cause you'll need it.

this wasn't really what he was referring to...more in line w/ amp schematics...but i feel for ya and hope you get the amp from him

• Members

Originally posted by tequila_titan

Two years, wow. That's completely unacceptable.

I don't disagree with you about the wait, but I got the same deal when I bought my VHT GP3. I ordered it after talking to VHT's customer rep who told me it was in the final stages of pre production.blah blah blah.... He said they had all the parts there and ready and were just waiting to put them together. Then the company moved to a larger facility...

then a year later it was on the production floor.....

then a year later they were building them, but the silk screener f'ed up the faceplates...blah blah blah

over 2 and a half years I waited and my money was all ready down for the peice of gear.

I bought it from Guitar Czar.

• Members

Originally posted by GITTarzann

over 2 and a half years I waited and my money was all ready down for the peice of gear.

I bought it from Guitar Czar.

Ouch:eek:

It's not so much the wait that is unacceptable, it's that he filled other orders after his and knocked them out for a quick buck. Then he said he was adding channels for free, then he was tweaking it to perfection, even playing it over the phone(over a month ago!). Then, someone shows up with a three channel one on HC.

If he was Mark Cameron, the guy who's booked for a year+ in advance because he is THAT busy, and that good, and that draws into about two, BFD. But 6 weeks : 2 years when others have gotten them in less than 6 weeks along the way... that is frustrating.

• Members

If he was Mark Cameron, the guy who's booked for a year+ in advance because he is THAT busy

Sounds like MC really needs to hire a couple of guys to help him move stuff out of his shop.

• Members

said he reads this board on occasion and can't believe some of the comments made on here

Which comments is he having a hard time believing ?

A rumors not a rumor that doesn't die

• Members

Originally posted by darkride

Which comments is he having a hard time believing ?

A rumors not a rumor that doesn't die

I spoke with Mark yesterday as well, his issue with the comments concerned the posting the gut shots of his mods and the comments about giving away his work or modding for free. He doesn't dispute there have been some delivery / time frame issues. Again, he's a one man shop who until recently was doing most of this in his spare time.

Steve E

• Members

Originally posted by * velcro-fly *

I spoke with Mark yesterday as well, his issue with the comments concerned the posting the gut shots of his mods and the comments about giving away his work or modding for free. He doesn't dispute there have been some delivery / time frame issues. Again, he's a one man shop who until recently was doing most of this in his spare time.

Steve E

yup, this is what he told me also..

• Members

Whoah!

OK, so I got a call from my friend about his Cameron modded Marshall, the why being obvious. Unbeknownst to me, it was apparently shipped last Friday. It has 3 channels, and should be here by Monday.

So, that's the end of that saga:thu: . Clips will be forthcoming as time allows. With any luck we will be able to compare it to an earlier Aldrich mod and post those clips reamp'd (as part of a much larger comparison I'm working on).

So I guess I have no more whining to do about the man. I truly hope he can get the professional side of his act together as much as the technical, because by all accounts he is a nice guy, and in the words of someone I highly respect, "A monster player".

• Members

Ouch:eek:

It's not so much the wait that is unacceptable, it's that he filled other orders after his and knocked them out for a quick buck. Then he said he was adding channels for free, then he was tweaking it to perfection, even playing it over the phone(over a month ago!). Then, someone shows up with a three channel one on HC.

If he was Mark Cameron, the guy who's booked for a year+ in advance because he is THAT busy, and that good, and that draws into about two, BFD. But 6 weeks : 2 years when others have gotten them in less than 6 weeks along the way... that is frustrating.

Mark told me your buddies amp should go out next week. He also said that you're far more upset about this than the guy that actually owns the amp, and that you've has several opportunities to provide your buddies contact info or verify any of this to people in contact with Mark - but that it's pretty much been "my friend..." Instead you just jump in any thread re: Cameron to drop your public service announcements in at will.

Have your buddy join the forum and he can post his own side of things, otherwise it's just shoot the messenger at this point, and unfortunatley you're just a messenger.

Steve E

• Members

Whoah!

OK, so I got a call from my friend about his Cameron modded Marshall, the why being obvious. Unbeknownst to me, it was apparently shipped last Friday. It has 3 channels, and should be here by Monday.

So, that's the end of that saga:thu: . Clips will be forthcoming as time allows. With any luck we will be able to compare it to an earlier Aldrich mod and post those clips reamp'd (as part of a much larger comparison I'm working on).

So I guess I have no more whining to do about the man. I truly hope he can get the professional side of his act together as much as the technical, because by all accounts he is a nice guy, and in the words of someone I highly respect, "A monster player".

this is funny (sorta) because mark told me he had just shipped out a 3 channel mod...congrats to your friend....post a review

• Members

Originally posted by * velcro-fly *

He also said that you're far more upset about this than the guy that actually owns the amp, and that you've has several opportunities to provide your buddies contact info or verify any of this to people in contact with Mark

Hold on there... that's not particularly accurate. People have said he has told them that he has no idea what I'm talking about, and those people posted here dissmissingly.

I always said my friend was inhumanly patient, and that I was the venomous one.

And I said where the amp was destined when I issued the 10-head challenge, which is more than enough info given our location. That challenge seemed to generate a promising phone call, and another month lapsed.

• Members

Whoah!

Mark told me he forgot to put my name in with the amp, but hopes you'll be sending me the $100.

• Members

Whoah!

wow.. one minute you're bitching about him, the next minute you're on his nuts.

:freak:

Archived