Carvin Legacy owners...

lespaul6

• Members
Originally posted by bikerdude2

Thinking of getting one as a backup to my XTC. I wouldn't expect them to sound the same, but ballpark would be cool
:cool:

I think the Legacy would be a great backup for that amp.

• Members

what exactly do you mean by metaly stuff? it can do 80's type metal/hard rock easily....but its not zack wylde heavy. Stuff like ratt or tesla is easy to dial in, but it does not really get any heavier than that. i'm also not a pedal person so i've never tried any od/distortion pedals on the amp.

• Members

The Legacy isn't my choice for metal. It has a thick distortion that is real chunky similar to a Bogner or VHT. But the gain is not that hot sound like a Rectifier. Chords sustain really long when you hold them and the lead is nice but it doesn't chirp and squeal as much as I might prefer. A guitar with weak pickups probably won't impress you too much. An EQ in front can help a bit. I run a Boss ME50 into it sometimes and just use the Tone set to fat and a bit more gain to push it over the top. The cleans are really full and nice sounding. For the price I think it is a very good amp.

Archived