Why does everyone hate Don Dokken?

hairmetal

• Members

His lyrics sound like he wrote all of them when he was in love with his first girlfriend in the 7th grade. Dokken's redeeming quality rests soley within the talent of the band, esp. Lynch. Don can sing, but those lyrics...horrible! I still listen to Dokken (when I'm alone in my car, of course!) :D

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

I think he was being serious and stuff.

Then he was really being contradictory or something.

Oh - btw - re your latest clips. Loved the lead tone and especially the lead playing. Damn fine playing IMO. You get better all the time, man. Rhythm tone - not my cuppa tea. All muffled and not present enough for my tastes...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by sah5150

Then he was really being contradictory or something.

Oh - btw - re your latest clips. Loved the lead tone and especially the lead playing. Damn fine playing IMO. You get better all the time, man. Rhythm tone - not my cuppa tea. All muffled and not present enough for my tastes...

Steve

I agree on all points.

• Members

I agree on all points.

So you agree that your lead playing is damn fine and that you get better all the time? Sheesh..., aren't we supposed to at least feign modesty around here?

;):D

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by sah5150

So you agree that your lead playing is damn fine and that you get better all the time? Sheesh..., aren't we supposed to at least feign modesty around here?

;):D

Steve

Dang, I didn't see that one coming!

But, yes, that was some damn fine lead playing! Some of the best I've heard, I believe.

• Members

Dang, I didn't see that one coming!

But, yes, that was some damn fine lead playing! Some of the best I've heard, I believe.

Please disregard this arrogant, conceited post. Somebody hijacked my account and stuff.

• Members

To falsetto for my taste. And live his voice was hit or miss in the day as well. And lets not forget about all the BS drama he brought upon Dokken also. Good singer but not great and yeah his lyrics were pubescent for the most part. Without Lynch this band would have never made it to the heights they achieved.IMO. However those Lynch/Dokken hooks are killer to this day.:thu:

Archived