Mesa Single Rec vs Dual Rec !

Planet Beef

• Members

To me the Dual has always sounded better !! Maybe it's the bigger iron transformers or the obviously different circuit boards, tube rectifiers, bold / spongy switching :o

The Dual also has chassis mounted, hand wired power tube sockets rather than the PCB mounted power tubes like the single has. Seems to me the single has the control pots directly wired to the PCB too, where the Dual has handwired flying leads. Really, hardware wise, they are two different amps with a similar circuit and name. :) The Dual is easily worth a few hundred extra IMHO !! :wave:

Not to take away from the single, it is still a great sounding amp especially for the money! :love:

• Members
Originally posted by Planet Beef

To me the Dual has always sounded better !! Maybe it's the bigger iron transformers or the obviously different circuit boards, tube rectifiers, bold / spongy switching
:o

The Dual also has chassis mounted, hand wired power tube sockets rather than the PCB mounted power tubes like the single has. Seems to me the single has the control pots directly wired to the PCB too, where the Dual has handwired flying leads.

Single series one is built just like the older dual rectos.. Where in the hell did you get that info?:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by omni

Single series one is built just like the older dual rectos.. Where in the hell did you get that info?
:freak:

I've had both amps apart, that's how. :idea:

Actually the old 2 channel DR amps were ALL hand wired, chassis mounted pre and power tube sockets, but the newer DR have only chassis mounted power tube sockets.

The Singles are all PCB mounted tubes. :o Go to the store with a screwdriver, rip one apart, you'll see :mad:

Archived