Bought a new axe . . .

Duesentrieb

• Members

Since I don't have my Les Paul anymore I needed a spare for my main axe, a Schecter C1 Blackjack (which is awesome), I just bought this:

omen_6_extreme_FR.jpg

After years with just fixed bridges I decided on a Floyd again . . .

Thats a Schecter Diamond Omen Extreme (I couldn't find that on the US Schecter side, so probably a Euro-model only). I will swap the pickups. With case, strap and Schaller Locks less than 500

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Nope, too heavy and a friend of mine wanted one badly, so I couldn't resist . . .

that les paul was special :(

nice new guitar though, but I did like that LP, even though it was the heaviest LP I had ever played :)

• Members
Originally posted by Attila

Congrats on the new guitar -- looks very nice
:thu:
btw, what pickups are you planning on putting in?

-Attila

Thanks Attila. Firstly I had a look at their Hellraisers with EMGs, but I guess that I'm too old (and old fashioned) for that stuff.

Bridge will be a JB (my favourite), neck not sure yet - I also have to swap the 59 in the C1-Blackjack necl position.

Can you suggest a good, creamy, singing neck pup?

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Thanks Attila. Firstly I had a look at their Hellraisers with EMGs, but I guess that I'm too old (and old fashioned) for that stuff.

Bridge will be a JB (my favourite), neck not sure yet - I also have to swap the 59 in the C1-Blackjack necl position.

Can you suggest a good, creamy, singing neck pup?

Personally, if you are thinking of another SD pickup, I'd drop in a 59 -- for my tastes, it's the only SD I'd use in the neck. Funny though, I used to have a Hamer Studio, and I dropped 59s in both the neck and bridge --- sounded fantastic :cool:

-Attila

• Members
Originally posted by Attila

Personally, if you are thinking of another SD pickup, I'd drop in a 59 -- for my tastes, it's the only SD I'd use in the neck. Funny though, I used to have a Hamer Studio, and I dropped 59s in both the neck and bridge --- sounded fantastic
:cool:

-Attila

Merci.

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

I can't read a word of German. Does that website ship to the UK?

I think so.

Just type "Schecter" into the field right on top - 5 pages full with them. If you need help, let me know - what are you looking for?

C1, Hellraiser, Elite, one like this? They also have a lot on ebay, gimme a second and I will give you the link . . .

• Members

Originally posted by Speed_Racer71

sweet..but it looks like the toggle will get in the way.

I don't think so . . . we'll see.

Just got her (in the office). Neck is sized like the C1, the whole looks even better than on the pic, more 3D. Adjustment wasn't the best, but with a Floyd thats an easy fix. Sounds more crisp and percussive than my C1 - the springs . . . overall I think it will be a good spare axe and a nice Floyd toy. Lets wait how the pickups will be . . .

Archived