Rivera K-Tre Clips

Rayneman

• Members

OK, here are a couple of clips I made with the Rivera I recently bought from Jason_86_951.

Just some random wankery through my extremely rudimentary recording setup. Its pretty difficult to record just amp-alone type clips as opposed to recording over backing tracks. I find it next to impossible to capture the sound of the amp that I hear. I gotta respect the guys here who can do that.

Anway, I used a Les Paul Studio for the first and then a Jem 7VWH for the rest. Straight in, with a Marshall 1960 w/ two GT12-75s and two V30s. Master around 1.5, Gain: 6 (no boost) mid 5, Treble 6, Bass 7.5

I don't know...they sound "ok" through my laptop speakers, which is pretty much it for me!

K-Tre Les Paul

K-Tre Jem 7VWH Bridge

K-Tre Jem 7VWH Neck

OWBMZ-IMG_0430.JPG

LTNPF-IMG_0431.JPG

• Members

Not too bad, I just got K-tre #6 from Jason_86 friend, I think I need a better cab for it though. I'm playing through an Avatar 4x12 with Celestion GH 12-30's and a VHT with P50's. I've got some fizz on top I need to dial out and it seems like I can get a good lead but the rhythm is a little too bassy.

How does it compare to you Uber?

• Members

In our trials with these 2 amps, we found them to be very sensitive to tube changes. Even the same tubes in different positions yielded very different results.

Make sure the PI tube in V5 is a good balance one. I know the one in #10 is a good one, but I seem to remember #6 tightened up with on of my Tung Sol's that was balanced.

IIRC #10 has a 12ax7lps and the #6 just had a 12ax7lp, both sovtec.

The best sounds we got of of either amp was JJ83S in V1-4 with that 12ax7lps and a set of Ruby 6l6gcs biased a little hot (70%).

Pull the chassis and start swapping tubes!

The K-tre is one of the easiest amps to bias too.

• Members

Originally posted by DrKorey

Not too bad, I just got K-tre #6 from Jason_86 friend, I think I need a better cab for it though. I'm playing through an Avatar 4x12 with Celestion GH 12-30's and a VHT with P50's. I've got some fizz on top I need to dial out and it seems like I can get a good lead but the rhythm is a little too bassy.

How does it compare to you Uber?

Thanks. I also have a Recto 4x12 that I'm going to try with this as well. So far I think the key to having a good lead/rhythm tone is with the presence and foundation controls but I'm still experimenting.

Comparing to the Uberschall, well, its got alot of low end but not that "sub" low end that is so huge with the Uber. Its brighter, harsher and more dry than the Uber. I don't think the tone is nearly as complex as the Bogner, but still I like it quite a bit. It sounds a lot different in the room than it does on these silly clips.

I tossed a G Major in the loop and it sounds really nice. I didn't use anything on those clips, but it does seem to like a rack unit in the loop.

• Members

Originally posted by angelspade

I don't know guys...I think those clips sounded really good. Nice balance of saturation (5150/Recto) and that "throaty", dry punch that I hear in those hi-fi "boutique" amps (Diezel/vht). Just my opinion.

Thanks.

This amp has a ton of gain and sustain, moreso than any amp I've ever tried.

• Members

Originally posted by angelspade

I don't know guys...I think those clips sounded really good. Nice balance of saturation (5150/Recto) and that "throaty", dry punch that I hear in those hi-fi "boutique" amps (Diezel/vht). Just my opinion.

I kind of agree with this statement. I like these clips better than the others I've heard.

• Members

Originally posted by DrKorey

Jason - whats the read on the pre amp tubes?

V1 left -----V5 right looking from the back of the amp?

thanks

IIRC looking at the back v5/v4/v3/v2/v1

If you pull the one closest to the center it should be the 12AX7LPS which is the phase inverter.

• Members

Hey man, I liked clip2 the best. I think those tones would work great in a mix, I guess it just depends if the main use of the amp is gonna be for actually perferming on stage with a band or recording clips to a backing track for the forum.

The K-Tre is not gonna shine in a stand-alone situation IMO, its an amp meant to be cranked and cutting thru the bass,drums and vocals on a stage. The fizz actually helps to keep from getting buried and keeps some presence on top.

A couple of the guys that play out a lot on here mentioned that to me via PM, not to worry, it will sound great live.

See if you can do a backing track wank and see how it sits, Im done doing clips for awhile, but always love to listen. :)

Archived