Reverb suggestions please

• Members

I think the reverb processor is the same in the MX series. From what I remember, the MPX-1 has a single "Lexichip" processor which was the same as the dual chips in the dedicated higher end Lexicon reverb processors from the same period of time. There was a time when Musician's Friend was blowing them out for under $500.

There is also the TC Electronic M-One XL which is supposed to be okay for live use. Whatever happened to Kurzweil's DSP units? I just searched around and they seem to have been discontinued.

• Members

Especially as it concerns percussive instruments like marimba, I recommend the Kurzweil Rumour. It has the density in its algos to handle the transients without splatter or echo flutter.

I also think it is a great combo of some of the sound of Lexicon and the very different sound of t.c. electronic - you get some of the surreal, colored, lush, diffuse environments alongside the transparent, pristine, clear spaces.

To be fair, I don't own or use a Rumour - I base my recommendation on the use of a pair of KSP8s, which run the same algorithms as the Rumour, albeit in a different overall environment in terms of OS, UI, and hardware.

I can't comment on the Lexi MX series as I have no experience with them.

cheers,

Ian

• Members

for very little money, Yamaha REV500 had a beautiful percussion plate. and very flexible setting up too. i loved tailoring the diffusion, ER, HF and LF decay, filters etc. very "creamy" diffused sound. also, loved the "LA Plate" preset for jazz/fusion drums too.

i think it will work nicely with pitched percussion.

yamaharev500.jpg

Archived