Cheap tube combo amps.

Ryan F

• Members

I'm looking for a cheaper 1x12" tube combo amp. The only combo amp I've ever owned is a Vox AD15VT, which is getting thrown out the door. My other amps are a peavey VTM120 and marshall TSL, and play iron maiden type music, so I'm looking for something in that style capabilities.

Anyone have recommendations for a small combo (

• Members

Peavey Classic 30 can be had for $400-500 new on ebay after shipping. Will need a speaker change and retubing though.

Made in USA quality. Peavey throw it down the stairs reliability.

Hard to beat IMO.

• Members
Originally posted by Ryan F

I'm looking for a cheaper 1x12" tube combo amp. The only combo amp I've ever owned is a Vox AD15VT, which is getting thrown out the door. My other amps are a peavey VTM120 and marshall TSL, and play iron maiden type music, so I'm looking for something in that style capabilities.

Anyone have recommendations for a small combo (

Out which door, specifically, are you throwing this amp? Not that I need one, but I'm not above picking stuff up off the curb.:wave:
J.

• Members

Eh, i guess i was going a bit cheap on my estimates. The last amp i picked up off the curb started on fire, so I'm not up for that anymore.

Like I mentioned, I dont deal with combo amps ever. I just need something more portable than a halfstack thats reasonably cheap. Maybe i should put the cutoff at $500?

Archived