Fender Champ

GorgeBarri

• Members

Alot of people mod smaller Fender amps such as Champs and Princeton Reverb amps to make them more gig worthy or just to give them more flexibility. I did that with my 66' PR by putting in a Emi. Ramrod
75 watt speaker. I really opened up the tone and gave me more clean headroom. On my 70' PR, I really modded it by putting in a Deluxe OT and an Emi. Gov. in it. Now it's a really loud and clean amp, and it's my main gig amp. Here's some pics of my PR's

100_0328.jpg
100_0330.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by GorgeBarri

I knew I knew that pool!

I had seen your collection before, really nice!

Thanks George, I think you should snag that Champ. You can't go wrong with that little amp. They're just so classic.I've actually use my little Champ for some very small intimate gigs, and it was just rigth for the gig. With a few OD's, I was able too sound just great.Here's a closeup of my little Champ.

100_0041.jpg
100_0042.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by skipstar59

Thanks George, I think you should snag that Champ. You can't go wrong with that little amp. They're just so classic.I've actually use my little Champ for some very small intimate gigs, and it was just rigth for the gig. With a few OD's, I was able too sound just great.Here's a closeup of my little Champ.

100_0041.jpg
100_0042.jpg

That thing looks as if it needed a larger speaker.

Archived