Juno 6 ?

gilwe

• Members

I really like to have a Juno 60 in my collection again, but only found a Juno 6 recently for sale around. What do you think ? Does it excel the 60 in any way soundwise ?

Actually, the Juno 6 sounds a little better than the 60. That's because it doesn't have software envelopes. It also has no battery! Of course, the bad news is that it has no patch storage and no way to retrofit midi, but I'd buy one. They're punchy.

• Members

Actually, the Juno 6 sounds a little better than the 60. That's because it doesn't have software envelopes. It also has no battery! Of course, the bad news is that it has no patch storage and no way to retrofit midi, but I'd buy one. They're punchy.

Are you sure about this? You have compared the Juno-6 and Juno-60 side by side? I thought the 6 and 60 were identical - the differences being that

The Juno-60 HPF slider becomes fixed settings off / 1 /2 /3 /4 as opposed to continued slide value as on the Juno-6

No patch memories on the Juno-6, patch memories on the Juno-60

No DCB interface on the Juno-6, DCB interface on the Juno-60

• Members

I have both the Juno-6 and Juno-106, but no Juno 60 yet. So I can't compare, but I do like playing the Juno-6 quite a bit. Currently I have my Yamaha RS7000 hooked up it and it controls the arp of the Juno-6 very well using a sampled pulse to trigger it. With regards to the patches, I thought it would be a problem with no saving, but I later found that tweaking the knobs was almost as fast once I got the hang of programming. There are a lot of things that stay the same from patch to patch, so really you're only tweaking a small amount. With that said, I primarily use the Juno-6 for a particular bassline or arp and then just adjust from there. The sound is great!

Note I got really lucky and bought it in "mint" condition for $100 bucks at a local "hole in the wall" used shop here in Nagano, Japan. If I had to pay 500 or 600, I'm not sure if I would have bought it, but rather would have tried to track down a Juno 106 or 60 at the time.

• Members

No digital envelopes on the Juno-60.:facepalm:

Archived