2 level keyboard stand: cheap/good value options or build your own design ideas

hangwire

• Members

hey, I am not a keys player but I have had a Korg EA-1 electribe set to "keyboard" for a few years now that has sat on top of my guitar amp and I would use it for heavily effected fills in some songs. This was fine up until I bought a Casiotone a few weeks ago to expand upon this.

Now I think I need a stand of some sort :)

The lower part would be for the casiotone, and just a small upper "ledge" even would work for the korg ea-1 and a tremolo pedal next to it.

Soooo this seems like a good "don't make the same mistake I did" question for you guys here. I am fine building something, modifying stuff that wasnt meant to be used that way but actually does the job, or buying something that is relatively cheap but a good value.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Members

Is this for gigs? You'll want something that sets up and breaks down easily. Neither the Casio or the Korg weighs much so you don't need anything heavy duty.

On Stage makes decent cheap stands, and they offer a second tier that fits some of their X-stands. You can get by for about $60 new.

• Members

Is this for gigs? You'll want something that sets up and breaks down easily. Neither the Casio or the Korg weighs much so you don't need anything heavy duty.

On Stage
makes decent cheap stands, and they offer a second tier that fits some of their X-stands. You can get by for about $60 new.

I guess home/practice for now, but maybe gig worthy would be nice to get out of the way at the same time...

$60 might be very very reasonable... but I guess I was looking at a $20-30 solution...

• Members

Keysonstage2.jpg

Keysmesaandspector-1.jpg

I used 3/8 threaded rod through a cheap X stand for one of my portable setups. Works like a charm and has held up for years. Put some plastic hose on the rod to keep your synth from getting scratched.

Archived