Question about a Crate amp

Rustie

• Members
Originally posted by Rustie

The guy says it might be a Vintage Club 20.
:freak:

Vintage Club 20 doesn't have 12 watts. I think it's 15w. Secondly, the amp doesn't look like Vintage Club 20 at all.

That is a Crate Vintage Club 20. 2xel84, putting out between 15 -18 watts, depending on where the internal bias is set.

I don't know which one's you've been looking at, but that looks EXACTLY like a VC20. They were made in black and blonde tolex.

I have the exact same one in Blonde.

How much does he want for it?

• Members

It is a Vintage Club 20 w a 12" speaker. Many (or most) VC 20's came with a 10" speaker.

I have this exact model, and it's a loud little screamer. The 12" stock speaker while marked as a Crate speaker, is an Eminence GB12. It was made in both the blond tolex and black tolex as this one is.

I paid $180.00 USD, used, as a point of reference.

• Members

Originally posted by thriftyshirt

That is a Crate Vintage Club 20. 2xel84, putting out between 15 -18 watts, depending on where the internal bias is set.

I don't know which one's you've been looking at, but that looks EXACTLY like a VC20. They were made in black and blonde tolex.

I have the exact same one in Blonde.

How much does he want for it?

Thank you. The only pics that I saw must've been the black tolex ones. He's asking 400 euros for it.

• Members
Originally posted by JiroJan

:eek:

just get a laney or something man....as much as i like the vc's that is way to much for that amp

This is Europe, man. US imported stuff is bound to be more expensive here. The Laneys I see are even more expensive. Unless it's a Laney LC-15R or something.

I think I might have to bend over and take it up the ass by buying another solid state amp.

• Members
Originally posted by Rustie

This is Europe, man. US imported stuff is bound to be more expensive here. The Laneys I see are even more expensive. Unless it's a Laney LC-15R or something.

I think I might have to bend over and take it up the ass by buying another solid state amp.

Can't you score an Orange Rocker 30 for like 650 euros?

That would destroy that lil' crate. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by thriftyshirt

Can't you score an Orange Rocker 30 for like 650 euros?

That would destroy that lil' crate.
:thu:

I wish I had 650 euros. I'm piss poor. Think I'll go for something really cheap like A Peavey Transtube series amp or a Behringer V-ampire.

Archived