I knew the drummer from Slayer was good...

FWAxeIbanez

• Members
Originally posted by mrtokai

It would if it wasn't over 10 years old! And 99% of musicians on the Internet had already seen it.

Meh, I've never been one of those guys all about internet clips tho... haha, almost everything is new to me... except tubgirl :eek::cry:

or the other "horseman" :freak:

• Members

Tony Royster Jr. is an adult now, and he still rips on the drums.

but sriously, everyone is considering him god. even my little brother like "WHOA THIS GUY RULES HE'S LIKE DA BEST DRUMMAR EVAR!!!!!!!!!11111" :rolleyes: yeah, the world is THAT small.

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

but I didn't know he was {censored}ing retarded good

Lombardo is a MONSTER, if you dig him you'll probably like Chris Adler from Lamb of God, another technical machine. On their DVD Killadelphia, he does a "lesson" for one of the fills that he does in one of their songs and even when he's playing the fill at half speed you can't help but be mesmorized.

• Members

Originally posted by rockstrongo

I know people who have listened to Slayer and just don't get how awesome Lombardo really is.

Then I play them some tracks from Fantomas' "The Directors Cut" and they shut up really quick.

Saw Fantomas live, Mike Patton is out of his mind.

Here's Fantomas live doing a Slayer medley.

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

but I didn't know he was {censored}ing retarded good

the guy from As I Lay Dying surprised me too... he's genuinely talented, I just hate his band

The guy from As I Lay Dying is awesome.

I would rather listen to Frail Words Collaps than pretty much any whole album from Slayer.

*runs*

• Members

Originally posted by MetalHed

Lombardo is a MONSTER, if you dig him you'll probably like Chris Adler from Lamb of God, another technical machine. On their DVD Killadelphia, he does a "lesson" for one of the fills that he does in one of their songs and even when he's playing the fill at half speed you can't help but be mesmorized.

I agree. LoG is the probably the most technically proficient band (across the board) that I have heard in the last ten years. I'd love to see LoG and Unearth do a tour together. I'm in my mid-30s and I am happy to see a return of people that actually know how to play their instruments (even if not in standard tuning--and before you say anything, I know Unearth plays standard tuning 7-string).

• Members

Originally posted by code_blue

Are you kidding?

Necrophagist?

Origin?

Cynic?

Cephalic Carnage?

Even Between the Buried and Me?

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with you, even tho I like LoG more than any of those bands... I just discovered Cynic because of this thread and I've been listening to them constantly now. I've loved Necrophagist since I first heard (and I mean heard them, not heard of) them, which sadly was only like 6 months ago .

• Members
Originally posted by code_blue

Are you kidding?

Necrophagist?

Origin?

Cynic?

Cephalic Carnage?

Even Between the Buried and Me?

hahahaha! technically proficient? Lamb of God? hahahah :D

don't forget Nevermore (jeff loomis!), Nile, Children of Bodom, and so many more!

Archived