Good under the radar Fenderish 1x12 combos old and new.

KillingAllJoy

• Members

All of the Crate TV Series are OK. 60 watts with either 2x10's, 1x12 or 2x12's. Self biasing with choice of EL34 tubes or 6L6's. Great clean Fenderish channel and decent boost channels. All the typical stuff like reverb, presence control, loop in/out and XLR direct to board feature. Best feature of all $250 +/- used. I've had 3 and all were OK.

• Members

Heres a secret!! Ive owned several Fender amps over the years.early 70s champ,Deluxe reverb reissue,Blues junior lacquered tweed amp,Fender Ultra chourus,Frontman 25R,and yaknow what? I have a Crate now!! thats right!!! A Crate Palomino!!!its the 15 watt model and it smokes the balls off the amps I have owned over the years.Heres why,the clean is beautiful without being too thin or too flubby,the reverb sounds just right without being fake sounding ,the gain on this amp is very nice you wont need a pedal for classic rock,and ..its a beauty and...made in the good ol USA! small Fenders cant touch this!! all for 399 with a great Celestion 12 inch speaker !Dont get me wrong Id love to have an old Princton or Harvard Fender,but they aint cheap and they break!

• Members

Originally posted by mbarn3065

Dude, a Crate Palomino is only 5 watts and it has a 10" speaker not a 12".

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V16-Palomino-15W-Class-A-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=487826&src=3SOSWXXA

I looked at the Crates, then I bought a Traynor.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-20WR-YCV20WR-15W-Class-A-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=480980

You have to shop around, but you can get one (new) for under $500.

• Members

Originally posted by mbarn3065

Dude, a Crate Palomino is only 5 watts and it has a 10" speaker not a 12".

Hmmm really??? well then...I must have the extra special model Palomino.mine has the 12 inch Celestion and puts out 15 watts..it says so on the box!

Archived