VHT UltraLead and Gmajor users: questions, need help please

guitarist17

• Members

This is kind of a broad question, but what is usually the "best" way to run the gmajor in the loop? series or parallel? I can't really tell which is better, and I'm having a hard time using the effects mix knob on the VHT to get all the volumes even wiith the loop on and off: probably just my "newness" to this amp and its effects loop. also, the input and output knobs on the gmajor, what is the optimum way to set them up?

also, how can i use the compressor as a volume boost on the gmajor? I was told i could set the thresh level at zero, and then the compresor gain at +1 or +2 or whatever I need, but i have NO idea where this "compressor gain" level is at, can anyone help me out? Thanks!

chris

• Members
Originally posted by Bob Savage

According to Steve Fryette, go series. I haven't used my G-Major yet, but I asked him about it and he said series is the way to go.

Thanks bob...I ran it tonight at practice, and series was DEFINETLY The way to go....I can't wait to get my deliverance cab man. I should have iet in a week or 2. my marshall with GT75s just has this weird highend tinny sizzle sound that I can't dial out, and can't stand :mad: but I can tell this is THE amp for me im pretty sure :D

chris

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

Thanks bob...I ran it tonight at practice, and series was DEFINETLY The way to go....I can't wait to get my deliverance cab man. I should have iet in a week or 2. my marshall with GT75s just has this weird highend tinny sizzle sound that I can't dial out, and can't stand
:mad:
but I can tell this is THE amp for me im pretty sure
:D

chris

I didn't like my UL with V30's, T75's or H30's. It wasn't until I got the D412 that I finally was able to say "yeah, that's it."

• Members

I've used my G Major with the 100/CLX I used to have. I think the ONLY way you can really run the G Major is series, since (I think ) it digitizes the entire signal...something you wouldn't want to mix with a dry signal.

The only real-world example of this I've run into is when I tried to run the G Major through the loop of my Triple Recto, and it really had this strange "phase" kind of sound to it, even when the mix was at 100% (the Mesa loops are parallel with a send/return mix function). I can't use the G Major with the Rectifer (but my Xpression works fine).

I believe the idea with the in/out levels on the G Major is that when all things are equal (i.e. you don't have a preset going that increases or decreases the output) there should be 1) as little change in volume when you bring the loop in and out of the signal, and 2) no tones are clipped.

Can't help with the compressor...my G Major is so screwed up I can't access most of the parameters.

• Members

Originally posted by Rayneman

I've used my G Major with the 100/CLX I used to have. I think the ONLY way you can really run the G Major is series, since (I
think
) it digitizes the entire signal...something you wouldn't want to mix with a dry signal.

The only real-world example of this I've run into is when I tried to run the G Major through the loop of my Triple Recto, and it really had this strange "phase" kind of sound to it, even when the mix was at 100% (the Mesa loops are parallel with a send/return mix function). I can't use the G Major with the Rectifer (but my Xpression works fine).

I believe the idea with the in/out levels on the G Major is that when all things are equal (i.e. you don't have a preset going that increases or decreases the output) there should be 1) as little change in volume when you bring the loop in and out of the signal, and 2) no tones are clipped.

Can't help with the compressor...my G Major is so screwed up I can't access most of the parameters.

if you have parallel loop - like in mesa - you have to use killdry function in g-major. It causes that that dry signal doesnt go through unit in time based effects. But that way you cannot use compressor etc. ... which sucks and thats the only reason I dislike rectifier for. Xpression is different here since dry signal is goes analog all the way through, where in g-major dry signal does through digital conversion and this is what causes 'phase' sound.

• 5 years later...

Archived