GUYS! CAn I play my PSA-1 through one of these?

spcv

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

yes

Well, maybe. Full range speakers tend to crackle and buzz when used for guitar amplification, so you have to do some heavy cutting of the upper frequency bands, or disconnect the tweeters. Also, use the recording output which is already EQ'd for direct to board use. Try it on your home stereo, or into a tape recorder's microphone input.

• Members

Originally posted by Paragraph51

Well, maybe. Full range speakers tend to crackle and buzz when used for guitar amplification, so you have to do some heavy cutting of the upper frequency bands, or disconnect the tweeters. Also, use the recording output which is already EQ'd for direct to board use. Try it on your home stereo, or into a tape recorder's microphone input.

The Psa-1 is designed to be used with full range speakers, not guitar speakers.

• Members

Originally posted by nakedzen

I've never used one other than in a rack system with 4x12s, and it didn't sound like it was direct compensated for hifi speakers, but I didn't have any interest in using it direct to the board, so I didn't check into it. You may be right, and I wouldn't doubt it, but I never needed to know that, since I never intended to use it direct to the board.

• Members

:mad: Listen, you don't need to post crap just to increase you post count. I can't believe the idiocy I come across in this forum.

The PSA-1.1 is to be used as a regular preamp, but it has speaker simulation as an option, so if you enable that, then you can use full range speakers.

Originally posted by nakedzen

• Members

My friend actually runs one of his PSA21s direct to his mixer, but I forgot about that, since I always like to use mics to record guitar sounds. It sounds fine. I'd post some examples of his music made using the PSA-21 that way, but he objected to the roughs I had of his music and didn't want them being displayed in public because they were roughs and they misrepresent the music. This guy had a band with Greg Handevidt called Kublai Khan, so he has concerns about not allowing crap to be associated with his name.

• Members

Originally posted by tnttnttnt

:mad:
Listen, you don't need to post crap just to increase you post count. I can't believe the idiocy I come across in this forum.

The PSA-1.1 is to be used as a regular preamp, but it has speaker simulation as an option, so if you enable that, then you can use full range speakers.

+1, just like most preamps:thu:

Archived