Can someone explain to me FJA's 5150 II mods?

bob the dentist

• Members

More specifically, these mods:

- Lead & Rhythm Channel Mods

- 3 Channel Mod

- EQ Mid Sweep control

and when it says "includes bias mod" with the prices, does it mean that after he does that mod, I will be able to change the bias myself?

Basically what I would probably want out of a mod is to take away some gain stages, because frankly I don't turn the gain past 5, and when I turn it up loud, everything sounds more than a little fuzzy. So I'm figuring that removing some gain stages will give it more clarity and make it have a better clean...right?

My assumptions are based on this guys post from a while back...

Originally posted by peckhart

JerryP did my 5150II. I had him put the lead channel back to original 5150 specs, do the clarity mod and then the rhythm channel mod.

The lead channel now sounds like the original, but has more useable gain and note to note clarity with a lot of saturation.

The rhythm channel is a night and day difference. This amp now has a good clean channel! I do not believe he can do the same thing on the originals because of the shared EQ, but if cleans are at all important to you see what he can do on the originals.

I love my 5150II and fully support Jerry's work.

...so...yeah.

Also, what exactly does the mid-sweep mod do? It doesn't really explain it that much on the site.

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Nah, I have a TV. If you can get me a PS2 or an XBOX360, I'll take those.
:D

I have both of those...I have an XB360 that I've played a grand total of 2 hours.

I've watched movies more on that thing than actually played games...I've watched Munich (2.5 hours), and I've played Oblivion for an hour and a half and a demo disc for 30 minutes.

I just don't like video games anymore I guess...unless it's an RPG.

:love:

EDIT: By RPG I mean turn-based, I know that Oblivion is an RPG.

:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

I have both of those...I have an XB360 that I've played a grand total of 2 hours.

I've watched movies more on that thing than actually played games...I've watched Munich (2.5 hours), and I've played Oblivion for an hour and a half and a demo disc for 30 minutes.

I just don't like video games anymore I guess...unless it's an RPG.

:love:

Yeah, I used to play a ton of games in middle school, then I started playing guitar and don't really play much anymore. I still play Madden a ton with my friends though, and some old PS1 RPG's. I'm playing through FF8 again right now. :cool:

• Members

Yeah, I used to play a ton of games in middle school, then I started playing guitar and don't really play much anymore. I still play Madden a ton with my friends though, and some old PS1 RPG's. I'm playing through FF8 again right now.
:cool:

Yeah, I wish I could sell my XBox 360 but it's actually my dad's...{censored}er loves him some Table Tennis.

• Members

Yeah, I wish I could sell my XBox 360 but it's actually my dad's...{censored}er loves him some Table Tennis.

HAHAHA!!! :D

My dad plays Pac Man for Sega Genesis constantly, I don't know how he doesn't get sick of it. :freak:

I was looking at 360 games today, maybe thinking of getting one with my extra cash...but none of the games really seem that great, except PGR3, which I've played a lot already. I might just get a used PS2 and get that Dirge of Cerberus game.

• Members

HAHAHA!!!

My dad plays Pac Man for Sega Genesis constantly, I don't know how he doesn't get sick of it.
:freak:

I was looking at 360 games today, maybe thinking of getting one with my extra cash...but none of the games really seem that great, except PGR3, which I've played a lot already. I might just get a used PS2 and get that Dirge of Cerberus game.

I pretty much get all my gaming needs from ROMs on my PSP, and Dragon Quest 8.

New Zelda soon though...:love::thu:

• Members

I pretty much get all my gaming needs from ROMs on my PSP, and Dragon Quest 8.

New Zelda soon though...
:love::thu:

Dragon Quest VIII ruled. I got like 50 hours into it and then had to sell my PS2 and all the games to fund some gear purchase at the time. :cry:

I'll buy a used Gamecube when that new Zelda comes out, then sell it when I beat it. :thu:

• Members

Dragon Quest VIII ruled. I got like 50 hours into it and then had to sell my PS2 and all the games to fund some gear purchase at the time.
:cry:

I'll buy a used Gamecube when that new Zelda comes out, then sell it when I beat it.
:thu:

I like DQ8 because it's simple. It doesn't try to do a bunch of weird crap to be innovative...you pick your class, you pick your skills, you find weapons, you fight monsters, you save the friggin' world, end of story.

• Members

I like DQ8 because it's simple. It doesn't try to do a bunch of weird crap to be innovative...you pick your class, you pick your skills, you find weapons, you fight monsters, you save the friggin' world, end of story.

I'll never forget that game...just because my first Caparison arrived while I was playing that game. :love:

• Members

Nah, I have a TV. If you can get me a PS2 or an XBOX360, I'll take those.

i just bought a 32" HDTV FOR my ps2 and X360

or as the case may be, my soon to be ps3 (courtesy of my brother, who wants it more than i do...i only want it for FFXIII) and Nintendo Wii

To be on topic, i have no idea.

Archived