I want a synth - Moog Little Phatty vs. ???

Visconti

• Members

Ummmmm gee, I dunno. Kinda leaving that one wide open, aren't ya? You should consider maybe an old Fairlight, or maybe you should also consider a microKORG. Or maybe a Stylophone. :idk:

It might help us to know WHY the Little Phatty interests you in the first place, and what you expect to do with whatever synth you get.

• Members

Ummmmm gee, I dunno. Kinda leaving that one wide open, aren't ya? You should consider maybe an old Fairlight, or maybe you should also consider a microKORG. Or maybe a Stylophone.
:idk:

It might help us to know WHY the Little Phatty interests you in the first place, and what you expect to do with whatever synth you get.

I will use the synth in a rock band like The White Stripes, Them Crooked Vultures and Led Zeppelin.

The Moog Little Phatty is in my price range.

• Members

The Moog Little Phatty is in my price range.

You do understand that the Little Phatty is monophonic, right?

Maybe you should look at something with a wider range of sounds, perhaps a small rompler like a Korg M50?

...or even a cool hybrid synth like the Nord Wave. :love:

nordwave1.jpg

• Members

Maybe you should look at something with a wider range of sounds, perhaps a small rompler like a Korg M50?

...or even a cool hybrid synth like the Nord Wave.
:love:

nordwave1.jpg

Seconded, the Nord Wave is killer. Would not say no thanks to that one.

• Members

I just tried the Mopho Keyboard yesterday and Dave Smith has a real winner on his hands! It just utterly destroys the Moog Little Phatty in every way =) The sound engine is so versatile and powerful. The subs and feedback oscillator can create instantly heavy, thick sounds out of something rather unassuming. I prefer the Prophet/Evolver keyboard interface, but with the given space DSI came up with something logical and intuitive. Overall great synth that I would choose over the Little Phatty any day of the week in a heartbeat :love:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I just tried the Mopho Keyboard yesterday and Dave Smith has a real winner on his hands! It just utterly destroys the Moog Little Phatty in every way =) The sound engine is so versatile and powerful. The subs and feedback oscillator can create instantly heavy, thick sounds out of something rather unassuming. I prefer the Prophet/Evolver keyboard interface, but with the given space DSI came up with something logical and intuitive. Overall great synth that I would choose over the Little Phatty any day of the week in a heartbeat

Tell me more about the Dave Smith Mopho?

• Members

...or even a cool hybrid synth like the Nord Wave.

Still beautiful :love:

Do you still have it? And if so can I try that thing out sometime?

Archived