just saw queensryche......

Pete

• Members

in nyc and the show was awesome.....they played operation mindcrime 1 and 2......second album sucks but first mindcrime was unbelievable! They had the original cast of sister mary and a junkie acting as they played, and geoff tate was pretty much acting as he sang....never seen anything like it! The only problem was what the f*** where they thinking w/ that fill in rythm guitarist? the guy was a terrible guitarist w/ the most annoying vibrato....and on top of that he butchered a couple of chris degarmo solo's.....not the same band w/ out DeGarmo but i would definitely see them again.

• Members

if i remember the rythm guitarists last name is snow....i hope he doesn't last in this band. it just seemed like he didn't fit in w/ the band....image wise and most important, his technique sucked (i hate annoying vibratos).

• Members

Originally posted by Pete

in nyc and the show was awesome.....they played operation mindcrime 1 and 2......second album sucks but first mindcrime was unbelievable! They had the original cast of sister mary and a junkie acting as they played, and geoff tate was pretty much acting as he sang....never seen anything like it! The only problem was what the f*** where they thinking w/ that fill in rythm guitarist? the guy was a terrible guitarist w/ the most annoying vibrato....and on top of that he butchered a couple of chris degarmo solo's.....not the same band w/ out DeGarmo but i would definitely see them again.

That the big tat'd guy with the bleached out hair and Les Paul? I thought the same thing too when I saw them last year...horrible vibrato.

Overall, I was disappointed in the show. They did the Mindcrime 1 set (this was before OM2 was released) and lots of crap from their newer discs. I was hoping for some Rage for Order tunes, maybe even Warning stuff...nope. Taits voice is still powerful, but he can't go back to the Queen of the Ryche days.

• Members

Saw the Ryche 2 weeks ago. It was a great production. The 2nd guy is Mike Stone no he isn't Degarmo but I think he does a good job. It's nearly impossible to copy someone exactly anyhow. It was a great show and I would go again. The only thing I didn't like was Stones LTD George Lynch V it is just ugly.

Mr Hiwatt

• Members

I saw them 3 months ago, and Mike Stone annoyed the hell outta me too. He had a {censored}ty tone that was drowning out Wilton. Was a good show though, Mindcrime 1+2 with Pamela Moore, then they did a couple of tracks from Empire which got the best response of the evening.

I saw them with De Garmo in 1994 and they were just awesome, they'll never surpass it.

• Members

Originally posted by mrhiwatt

Saw the Ryche 2 weeks ago. It was a great production. The 2nd guy is Mike Stone no he isn't Degarmo but I think he does a good job. It's nearly impossible to copy someone exactly anyhow. It was a great show and I would go again. The only thing I didn't like was Stones LTD George Lynch V it is just ugly.

Mr Hiwatt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M5rBwZjgBw

Mike Stone is the worst player I've ever seen and for him to be onstage with QR is insane, his tone is nothing short of having an ice pick covered in {censored} shoved in your ear and his technique is so flawed that it makes me wonder what the {censored} they were thinking by bringing him in. I understand them wanting someone local but, this guy?

• Members
Originally posted by sapphireskiss

Mike Stone is the worst player I've ever seen and for him to be onstage with QR is insane, his tone is nothing short of having an ice pick covered in {censored} shoved in your ear and his technique is so flawed that it makes me wonder what the {censored} they were thinking by bringing him in. I understand them wanting someone local but, this guy?

HAHA! :D

• Members

C'mon, dude. Stop holding back. Tell us how you really feel! ;)

• Members

wow...I actually like LaBrie's vocals there.

• Members
Originally posted by thenine

I agree. Stone is bad. But I thought Kelly Gray was even worse.
:mad:

I think QR have decided to settle with these subpar {censored} bricks, it's annoying neither one of these guys look like they belong in QR and they definatly don't make up for it with stellar guitar playing :rolleyes:

• Members

was surprised to see the amps these guys were using....wilton used a hughes and kettner and stone used a b-52. wilton didn't sound that bad but stone's tone was very shrill and high pitched....i think these guys have bad taste in amps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived