57 classic / 57 classic plus = awesome

bluesboy

• Members

I put a set of these in my other guitar players LP for him, and i soon after became jealous of his tone. I bought a set too, and put them in my LP this morning... I really really like them... to me they are a great combo for anyone who plays hard rock / classic rock. I think they are much beefier than any SD pickup ive ever played, but they still have good clarity. I highly recommend them :thu: :thu:

and now i dont have to be jealous of his sound anymore- hehe

:cool:

• Members

i've heard of those pickups... it's just that i knew i would like these pikcups because i already heard them in person through my freind's LP which is basiclly just like mine. I'm also nto a fan of those other pickups price tag (i got my set for basically brand new, $170 for both)

• Members

Originally posted by bluesboy

i've heard of those pickups... it's just that i knew i would like these pikcups because i already heard them in person through my freind's LP which is basiclly just like mine. I'm also nto a fan of those other pickups price tag (i got my set for basically brand new, $170 for both)

Like I said, I like the 57s a ton, never directly compared them to the Fralin PAF stuff. All I can tell you is after buying a set for my strat, I am a believer. New, good pickups can make a world of difference. You made a great choice IMO.

Archived