Retro stuff

Axe Victim

• Members

Nice! You got a great deal. If you got the stand & pedal, you're golden. All the YC line are highly regarded by 'combonauts'. I see very few for sale. Compared to the other brands of combo organs from that era, the Yamahas are most likely to function. :lol:

Does the 'portamento strip' work? That looks like funky thereminic fun.

• Members

Nice! You got a great deal. If you got the stand & pedal, you're golden. All the YC line are highly regarded by 'combonauts'. I see very few for sale. Compared to the other brands of combo organs from that era, the Yamahas are most likely to function.
:lol:

Does the 'portamento strip' work? That looks like funky thereminic fun.

I had a chance to set it up last night.

Sadly, no stand but, the pedal is there and the "portamento strip" works! The whole thing works great and is in amazing condition.

Holy crap does it weigh a ton! :eek:

• Members

For forty bucks that's a freaking steal. But what a find! Definitely treasure. Its fate. You need to keep it. I hate it when people are like, "well I can flip it for twice the cash." What jerks.

When a good instrument is at a Salvation Army for cheap, that's the universe holding it for "that special somebody". Like some talented kid, who's got no cash.

So you should keep it. It's meant for you. If you don't think it is, then sell it to someone who deserves it for the same price. Do the right thing, man.

• Members

For forty bucks that's a freaking steal. But what a find! Definitely treasure. Its fate. You need to keep it. I hate it when people are like, "well I can flip it for twice the cash." What jerks.

When a good instrument is at a Salvation Army for cheap, that's the universe holding it for "that special somebody". Like some talented kid, who's got no cash.

So you should keep it. It's meant for you. If you don't think it is, then sell it to someone who deserves it for the same price. Do the right thing, man.

It isn't going anywhere. Both my kids play. They're 17 and 21. They both appreciate vintage gear.

Thanks for the feedback guys.:thu:

Archived