Please review my short "soundtrack"

AnalogGuy

• Members

I want to know what are you guys thinking about my creation... it can be hardly called as a "song". Maybe "soundtrack without pictures" would be better.

Originally I did this song for a game soundtrack as a new extra song but it became much greater and horrifying than I could even imagine.

I didn't add any pics or videos because I wanted to let you feel free to unleash your imagination. Just close your eyes and create your own version about the context and happenings of this "soundtrack".

• Members

Great job
:thu:

well, the obvious "image" for an "anti-war tribute" would be a view of Japan seen from 30,000 ft , from the Enola Gay approaching... then the bomb... then the plane that goes away.

P.S. what synths did you use? And is the choir the Roland vocal board ?

Thanks. I already listed the synths I used at youtube info. Vocal collection was not used at all. Instead the Vintage board was used heavely and the choir (mellotron) was used along with other numerous presets like Deep wind, Earthquake and so on. The explosion itself was created with Yamaha CS-40M.

• Members

Fantastic!

I love the wind sound, the choir, and specifically the explosion, which sounded as realistic as the wind. I could hear 2 phases: the blast itself then the shockwave [there was a sense of distance between the bombed site and the observer/listener]. Nuclear, scary stuff.

This passage reminded me of the little girl/boy innocently pointing to the sky and telling her mother "Look mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky" in Pink Floyd's song "Goodbye Blue Sky" and whose theme very much relates to the one you're portraying.

I also like your idea of not "spoiling" the sound with images in this particular theme. And the static, black frame visible throughout the track, is perfect in my opinion.

I love musical creations that have meaning and make you think while enjoying what you're listening to. Unless this was made for a short videographic presentation of some kind, I think you should complete this composition [i.e, make it longer].

And kudos for creating most of the sounds yourself!:thu:

Archived