OT: best laptop for under $1000?

bluesboy

• Members

Originally posted by Soulgolem

Ok I must admit, I do a lot of things on my computers, I might be an overuser, the average user wouldn't necessarly bump into those problems, although one thing I'm sure, even with moderate use, when installing and desinstalling things on a pc, it eventually becomes slower, and useless files associated with them are spread everywhere in the windows folder and the registery, the Mac is just so much "cleaner" to me ! Some applications don't even require those thorough installation procedure, they're just a file with the whole package, anyway, you've gotta try one to understand what I mean.

Francis.

So you think that there are no residual files on Macs when you uninstall a program??

• Members

Well you want to snob macs, good for you, I don't care much, I think it's an advantage for me if most people use PC based systems as most worms are created for the most popular system.

I don't think 5% of people using mac has any argument on their performance, I'm in the field and I can confidently say that most Macs are much more admired for serious tasks than PCs. They just do this job better for most people. Most people that prefer macs tried both, most people that claim a PC can rival never did try a Mac, at least, not enough to appreciate it.

Anyway, don't bother, I'm trying to help the initial thread starter.

Francis.

Archived