Polyevolver : Deoxit or conversion to PE ?

Logicat

• Members

I have a Polyevolver.

I do not use it often, but some encoders are a bit, say, unprecise. I have to turn them some times to make them working without stepping values or advancing them in the wrong direction.

I read some threads about the PE edition of the PEK, but i was not able to understand if some people want the POT edition because the pots work always perfectly, or because of the absolute-value programming style.

I know the PE conversion kit would cost about 500 $ (more than 400 Euros to me, not so cheap), but i was wondering if this conversion definitely solves - maybe for ever - the encoder problems...Is it so, or are potentiometers prone to deterioration too ?

I can live with Deoxit (if only i could find it here...), but does converting the PEK to the Pot Edition worth to you ?

• Members

i emailed DSI & had a tiny tube of DeOxit in my mailbox the next day. it's an easy & free fix so there's that. if it holds up, i'm fine with encoders. if the same encoders start going bad, i'll cave in. i seriously love the PEK so i need to keep it running forever.

encoder_m.jpg

deoxit_m.jpg

• Members

Thank you for the feedback. I wonder how many time one can fix the encoders issues by using the amount of Deoxit product you can buy at the price of the conversion kit.

But if the conversion kit FOREVER fixes the problem, then it may be an interesting solution.

• Members

Thank you for the feedback. I wonder how many time one can fix the encoders issues by using the amount of Deoxit product you can buy at the price of the conversion kit.

But if the conversion kit FOREVER fixes the problem, then it may be an interesting solution.

Something you may not have considered: I found after I used the Deoxit, that while the glitchyness was eliminated, one or two of my encoders became TOO sensitive. I turn them just a little bit and the values go too fast. Not sure, but I think I might have used too much on those particular encoders so they became too...slippery...or something.

In my opinion, the encoders aren't the best even when functioning the best they can. This is coming from someone who hasn't tried a PE, but that's my opinion.

Archived