Boosted Recto Lead sounds KILL!!!!!!!!!!!

riffy

• Members

By golly,

I LOVE the way RECTO sounds doing leads!

I still have the broken picking hand so the playing most def isn't up to snuff.

The Recto KILLS for lead sounds with the Maxon 808 up front!!!!!

I even like the rhythm sounds although I kept them in the background although I did bring up the drums for you guys on this one a bit...

If I could play this would freakin' smoke! The lead sounds are just knocking me out!

Recto boosted lead sound

Don't know what you guys will think of it but if you get the time, listen and let me know what you all think. Please forgive the playing again.

Gary

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by riffy

By golly,

I even like the rhythm sounds although I kept them in the background although I did bring up the drums for you guys on this one a bit...

If I could play this would freakin' smoke! The lead sounds are just knocking me out!

Don't know what you guys will think of it but if you get the time, listen and let me know what you all think. Please forgive the playing again.

Gary

WOw real impressive. Got a nice fluidity to it. Ive only liked Mesa stuff for leads. Great playing too, yo. Thats all with a "broken" picking hand too, or recovered hand? I think its great that doctors advise patients to play guitar when theres a hand injury. Usually the case, from what i heard...

• Members

Originally posted by FlesheatinFlesh

WOw real impressive. Got a nice fluidity to it. Ive only liked Mesa stuff for leads. Great playing too, yo. Thats all with a "broken" picking hand too, or recovered hand? I think its great that doctors advise patients to play guitar when theres a hand injury. Usually the case, from what i heard...

Thanks man, I really appreciate your taking your time to listen and comment!

The Maxon really makes it as fluid as can be! Tightens it up a bit too!

Yeah, I broke the hand in middle, ring and pinky fingers on the top of my hand by being hit by a fouled back ball while I was catching my son pitching against D1 college hitters this week!

It is still broken and painful. The picking is done only by my index finger with I can move about half of its normal range while the cast is on. Supposed to be on another 4 weeks. I hope that is all I have to wear this freakin' thing!

Still hurts like crazy to be honest though!

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

+ Lots, man. I LOVE my Recto for leads. Orange Vintage all the way.

And you are one killer player. I wish I could play like that with 2 working hands.

Ah shoot man. The playing is just stock drivel honestly.

I LOVE the Recto for leads though. I like cloning my Modern Red to Orange Vintage and using the tube rectifiers for my lead sounds. Hit it with the big clean boost and it sounds killer to my ears. Sustaining and biting at the same time.

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by stickyfingers42

:thu:
Sounded great to me. Your so called bad playing is better than my . Be Cool

Thanks much man. Had been working on a ton of tapping things but can't hardly pull them off now for sure...lol

I know it is hard to type with one freakin' hand though.:cry:

• Members

Originally posted by Roccaforte Amps

Awesome clip! Hey, how about turning the guitars up, and the cymbals down.

Hey Doug!

Thanks mucho mang! I truly appreciate your input! I can give it a try on the next one! Hand it hurting like a mofo now!

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Keithrt99

that sounded great, but i think you should crank the lead in the mix abit, it's pretty quiet.

Thanks man,

I gotta be honest, mixing is my bane... I suck at it and need more practice than you can shake a stick at...lol

I can give it a try on the next thing though!

Gary

• Members

Ah shoot man. The playing is just stock drivel honestly.

I LOVE the Recto for leads though. I like cloning my Modern Red to Orange Vintage and using the tube rectifiers for my lead sounds. Hit it with the big clean boost and it sounds killer to my ears. Sustaining and biting at the same time.

Gary

I only played with the Channel cloning briefly when I got it, before I set up my sounds to how they've been for a while now (with minor tweaks). I always have Orange Vintage/Red Modern. I too like tube recto for leads, and i've grown to like spongy lately, with the diodes.

• Members

By golly,

Gary

WHAT RECTO IS IT ??? YEAR MODEL ETC...???

• Members

Originally posted by JackBootedThug

i use a bm on my rectoverb, just gives it a little "oomph". great playing as usual.

Yeppers!

Just runs it a bit over the top....lol... Thanks man, if my freakin' hand didn't hurt so much I would type more. How have you been bro?

Gary

• Members

Originally posted by Simon Garlick

Lately I've been tending towards Orange set on Modern, with the bass rolled all the way off and a stock Boss DS-1 with the drive on "0" for a lead tone. I'm loving it.

'93 2-channel, EH 12AX7s and Svetlana EL34s, spongy and SS rectifier.

Sweet! I am running Svetlana EL34s also. I have the preamp loaded with a bunch of Telefunken 12ax7s though. I had them left over for a while so I decided I would try and put them to good use...lol

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by 17 Tubes

waiting for CD.

:rolleyes:

:p:cool:

LOL,
Hey Steve!
How are you my friend? I hope you are well.
I honestly think I am far too limited in scope
as a player to think about a cd... I might be
able to do 30 or 40 thirty second songs...lol

Gary

Archived